Sonar locks up after it sits a while ?????

gamut1

Hi all,
Have another question. I have Acid 3.0 and SonarXL . I like using Sonar most of the time. It works great as long as I'm in there working with it.... but I can leave it open and go away for .. maybe thirty minutes or so...and come back and the computer seems locked up... it will slowly come to life when I start doing things... but usually sonar will tell me I have performed an illegal opp... or just freeze up... and I have to reboot....I think its Sonar related... cause I can run Acid and leave it for almost any amount of time and come back and it works fine. Has anyone else had this trouble with Sonar????

thanks all.

Gamut,
Lots of questions for you:
What OS, Windows Me?
Are you using Task Scheduler? (look in your tray)
Are you aware of your settings for Power Options? (in control panel)

Queue

Hi Que,
I am using win 98Se, Have all the tasks and screensavers and all turned off...... also... have USB turned off.... I used a list I got from ProRec,,, to do all the tweaks they recommended. I did also get the latest download. 131 for Sonar. Tonight it wouldn't save the files properly. I'd save a midi file... after I sized things how I wanted them on my screen. Then I'd save it... but when I would reopen the file again. Its like it defaulted back to having all the track sizes very tiny. Not sure if that makes sense. Anyone else having this problem? thanks all for any help.

Has Sonar always acted this way for you?

Did you do any hardware or software installs since it worked well?(if it ever did)

Queue

I am saving the files as midi, if its only midi, or as Normal or Bun files if I have audio and midi. It seems like it began to get worse after I started doing the Sonar upgrades. Although I didn't have sonar a long time (or know a great deal about how to work it) before the first upgrades were introduced. I'm using a Celeron 633mhz which is overclocked to 850mhz, just added another 256Ram, which gives me total of 512, . It just seems like it will do ok as long as I don't leave it too long. This is strange, because Acid doesn't act the same way. I wondered if maybe the MB being overclocked might have anything to do with the problems. I may slow it back down and try it a while and see if it helps.... I appreciate your replies all.

Sounds like power management. Verify your settings on the display settings - screen savor tab and make sure it's not set to turn off your hard drive.

Does the whole system lock up or just Sonar?

Back