Sonar isn't recording!

4ever

After recording several song, I went back to one particular song to add a new track. I setup a new track, select the input, arm and push the record button. The cursor is moving but Sonar would not record at all. The signal meter is showing some thing...

If I open up a new project I could record fine.
I'm using Sonar 3.1. My soundcard mixer (Q10) shows the signal is there...

What have I missed?

Have you used any special caracters in the track-name (non-english, such as æ, ø or å)?

The only time this has happened to me is when I had the wrong input selected...check you connections and volume if your using a mixing board on the input side and see if your getting anything into the PC...if everything checks out up to the PC then you may have selected the wrong input for this track...I have done that before...

I've had some experiences with the wrong input selection.
But this one is not it. I do make sure that the input selection is correct. It's simply weird.

drybones said:
Do you have Autopunch enabled in the record bar instead of Sound on Sound?
Beat me to it. I don't know how many times I've gone through an entire take, only to find out I only recorded during a little two bar chunk I was punching in on another track.

drybones said:
Do you have Autopunch enabled in the record bar instead of Sound on Sound?

Thank you, drybones. That's what it was. What mbuster said above is true to me as well. :)

Back