Sonar.exe problems with NI FM7 DXi

strebor24

I have been using NI Pro 53 as a DXi pluggin with Sonar 2.2 for a long time now with no problems.

I recently started to use NI FM7. Everytime I try to re open a Cakewalk project that has FM7 patched into it I get a message saying that Sonar.exe has encountered a problem and will have to close. Then I am unable to open Sonar at all without encountering the same message.

Anyone had a similar problem?

First thing is to make certain you have the most up to date version of the program. This is paramount, as older versions can be buggy.

If you have the latest version:

Next - set your latency high in Sonar and then open up FM7 again. It may be that the CPU is getting over hammered w/ it ... higher latencies might help. If it still crashes the program ...

Uninstall FM7 and then restart your computer.

Then reinstall FM7.

If you still have a problem, then I'm out of answers for ya.

It runs just fine for me in Sonar and always has ... but every machine has its own quirks.

Best of luck!

Kev.

Could be a midi channel thing, Sonar trying to recognize early, or FM7 transmitting data before Sonar is ready to accept it. Most of the hangs I get in Sonar are midi related. The first thing Sonar does is open midi ports, looking for incoming data. Make sure there are no sysex sends at all on beat zero of your project, and there may be a script modification to config.ini you could make, something like "send midi=0". Hope this helps.

Back