Sonar can't handle too many tracks

ajari

Everytime I start the 4th or 5th track on sonar 2, I hear cracling sounds when I play my midi instrument. And also when I play them all back at the same time.

What's your setup? Hardware/software synth?

What is your latency?

And final: Is the synth clipping? It sounds like it...

i know my sonar 2 xl can handle lots and lots of audio recording and playback trax with ease.
im running WinMe, 2.2 PIV, 512mb ram, 60 and 80 Gb w.d. hard drives and a delta 1010.
absolutely no problems......

wonder if i just jinxed myself:( :( :( :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused:

The Force is so strong with me...

...I have a Jedi feeling that you use internal synth (eg. soundfonts, DXi, VSC,...) and the one which sounds crackling is.... Audigy. :rolleyes:

If you're using the internal synth, see if it helps to turn it down in the Windows Mixer (the little speaker-icon next to the clock).

ajari,

Do you have a MIDI Cable connected when you record?

I was recording some tracks off my 840 last night. I found out that whenever I had my MIDI cable plugged in there were crackling sounds when recording and occasional bop's (as opposed to pops) you could say. Whenever there was a bop, the sound would be blured on playback. Where it crackled was fine.

I checked to see if the sounds were on the original source and they weren't. Even when I wasn't recording and SONAR on internal sync I could still hear these noises. What I tried was playing back the sound with the midi cable out and the sounds were gone. It's as if the MIDI signals being sent/received were some how interferring with the sound..

So what I ended up doing was plugging in the MIDI cable using MIDI clock sync, hitting play then unplugging the MIDI cable and it recorded fine.

Porter

Back