Sonar & Audiophile USB - Eureka, it works!!!

MikeA

Well thanks guys! I finally got it working and I didn't even have to upgrade or add the extra memory. (I will do both very soon, but I just could see how it wouldn't work.) For all who follow who may have the same problems as I did (Audiophile drivers weren't recogized as useable sources of audio and I kept getting the message "The following drivers either do not support the current audio format or are in use by another program."), what I did that I THINK made the difference was contained on that screen with the above message. There are two buttons on it to escape that screen; One says "Disable" and the other says "Use Anyway". Every time prior I had always chosen "Use Anyway" because, well frankly, that's what I wanted to use. In desparation though, I chose the disable option and then went in and ran the Wave Profiler. It found the Audiophile USB's WDM drivers like it had before, but this time after successfully profiling it I didn't get the message stating that the drivers weren't supported. I went in, chose the Audiophile as inputs for tracks 1 & 2, armed them, hit record and then play on the cassette deck. It worked like a charm. I could hear through the headphones what was going down, it played back fine and it's worked ever since. I AM however crossing my fingers, and have placed rabbit's feet and 4 leaf clovers all around the PC in hopes that it continues to work.

Thanks again to all who helped! I will upgrade to a newer version and I will be adding more RAM, SOON!!!

I just thought:
Is there any chance that the samplefrequensy in Sonar was set to a different value than the samplefrequensy in the Delta Control Panel?

Nope, I had checked it. That was one of the things I picked up from another thread where somebody was having similar but not identical problems.

Back