Sonar and Win7

bsr2002

Denny Crane
Has anyone tried Sonar with this OS yet? I have Sonar 6. I have Win7 installed in my netbook. Just wanted to know if anyone was having issues or not.

I ran the Win7 beta on my work machine and was pretty impressed, but didn't try it with any of my studio boxes...

As close as it is to Vista, I'd have to imagine it might be a seamless match for Sonar... My concern would be whether your interface drivers would match up... I did run into issues where some drivers didn't recognize the OS, even tho a majority ID'd it as Vista and ran just fine.

Best thing would be to give it a shot and let us know how it works!

:)

I haven't looked into upgrading yet and have only skimmed a few threads on the Cakewalk forum, but I recall that the good Win 7 compatability is one of the 'features' and selling points of 8.5, so YMMV with older versions.

But I sense this is the beginning of the end for our trusty XP installations :) I couldn't even get my Motu interface running acceptably on Vista, but I from what I've heard/seen so far, Win 7 performs just as well (if not better) than XP for audio apps.

teh awesome

Migrated all the computers to Win 7 last night. Recording computer went from XP pro to 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Sonar 8 PE (32-bit), MOTU 896 HD.

Upgrades in place are very cumbersome, and I will just do clean installs from now on.

Everything works flawlessly, with the exception of the M-Audio midisport uno. No 64 bit win 7 driver exists for this item, so I'm going to purchase a new midi interface.

Networking is stupid easy now.

Back