Sonar and ez drummer

MoJohnson

I have sonar 5 which seems to recognise ez drummer. I tried to insert it into my project via the insert soft synth function and it all seems fine exept when I try to record EZ onto an audio track by using ez as the input the recording parameter on the audio track changes to waveform preview. The meters are all tracking EZ like any instument, but there seems to be no way to record it. Is there some kind of digital voodoo to make this work or do I need to look for another version of sonar?

I moved this to the Sonar forum where it belongs.

I have ezdrummer and Sonar 8 and don't have a problem with it. Did you load ezdrummer to the right folder where sonar will see it? Check Options>Global>VST Plug-Ins. Make sure the folder that contains the ezdrummer dll file is listed. Click on Scan VST Folders.

Also look at Tools>Cakewalk Plug-in Manager and see if it's there.

edit: Oh wait, you said you're using v2?? It probably doesn't recognize VSTi's or ezdrummer is incompatible. Have to use a later version. You can check Toontrack's website to see if ezdrummer works with Sonar 2. I doubt it, so use v7.

This should be its own thread and so I created a new one and moved it there.

I didn't know you could send a VSTi track to another audio track like that. I just tried it and it worked fine for me. However, I noticed the Record button was missing, so I'm guessing you can't record the vsti to that track. Not sure what good that function would be for except maybe to add parallel compression or something of that sort.

hope that helps.

Back