Sonar and DXi instruments

synergy

I just recently figured out how to use DXi instruments with Sonar, which is awesome. But I have a big problem. If I use a DXi instument in a song, such as battery (which is not really an instrument but its the same deal), everything works fine UNTIL I save the project, close it, and open it back up again. When I choose to open the project with the DXi, Sonar gives me a message that says it has generated an error and that Sonar.exe will shut down. So basically this means that if I use a DXi instrument in a project, I can never open up that file again! Big problem. Just posting this with the hope that someone else has had this problem and knows what is wrong.

Thanks,

Nick

Meanwhile, you can still open the project...using what's called Safe Mode. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it's something like you either hold shift or CTRL down while selecting the song to open. This loads it without plug-ins...or does it ask you which ones to load or not load as it's coming up?...I can't remember...but this will help rescue a recording you might have thought that you had lost for good!

Back