sonar and acid

j

hi, i am seriously thinking about getting sonar; it looks very cool. i'm really intrigued by its ability to handle loops in a manner like acid. unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a demo available and the cakewalk website doesn't go into a lot of detail. also it doesn't seem that you can download the manual.

one thing i've used acid for is to program drum tracks using individual 'one hit' wav files . in this way i can do drum tracks in acid much like a drum machine. what i'm wondering is whether you can use 'one hit' sounds like a single kick or snare and build up drum beats that way. another question if anyone has the time: how much of acid style mixing and editing can you do in sonar? thanks for any input....i think sonar looks really cool....

well...

M experience with ACID is really limited, but yes, you can build drum tracks in SONAR using one hit drum samples. It would be painless and simple.

As far as a comparison against ACID's edit and mixing...I dunno...any else take this one?

-L

thanks UncleThumpy....i'm really only familiar with acid as far as recording software....i do a lot of stuff with loops (though i make my own)...i like acid but i need a more powerful mixing environment. acid will let you loop any section of a multitrack recording and mix it to a separate track....you can solo any number of tracks to be included in the loop....and it leaves everything in tact....this is an easy way to make loops...if you have the time can you tell me if sonar has anything like this? j

I'll try...

I'll give it a shot this evening and let you know (unless someone else would like to step in who /has/ been doing this?

-L

thanks dude! i am going to go ahead and get it.....i use a lot of software, but i've never liked any of the multitracks available....sonar seems to have so many features that it would be hard to be displeased with the program....of course, the coolest thing is that there is no mac version.....:)

Just got my copy of Sonar today.

I'll be checking a lot into this because I've been an ACID freak (no pun intended) for a while.

If Sonar is capable of doing all this stuff I would be very impressed to say the least.

I'll look into this today and let you know tomorrow.

Enjoy your new toy !

wari

oh yeah I forgot.

ACID is only good a loop based program not really a made for recording (even though you can do that).

As far as editing it really depend in your individual taste.

But as far as mixing I would definitely stick with cakewalk/SONAR.

wari.

just got my copy of sonar...it rocks...will be checking out it's looping chops.....when i try to load revalver i get an out of memory message......know what this means? am i really out of memory? pentium 450, one ninety six ram.............

Back