Sonar 6 PE + MOTU 2408 MkII and Ultralite Quirks..help?

SilentSound

I may be one of the lucky ones who can use his old MOTU 2408 MKII/PCI-324 with a new dual core system--just attempted this last night but I'm running into a problem changing "audio driver bit depth" to 24bit without getting an error about one or more sound cards not being able to do 24bit and automatically resetting 16 bit. The project itself still reads 44.1khz/24bit at the bottom of the screen. Wondering if anyone has encountered this and knows why the MOTU 2408 isn't able to run 24bit in this situation.

Also, I get this error regardless of whether or not the Ultralite is connected.

Running Vista(gone after current project)...2 gig ram...320 gig sata...Pentium Dual Core 2ghz

Oddly, I'm able to stream projects that are still 24 bit and that I KNOW I recorded 24 bit from the ultralite through the MOTU 2408.

Any insight would be much appreciated!!!

Have you slected ASIO as your driver mode? That's what I had to do in order to get my Saffire Pro to work with Sonar 6PE.

With ASIO only the ultralite will work but not the 2408 w/pci-324.

Oddly, I tried this again and started a new 24 bit project and both units are recording and playing back with the audio driver set at 24 bit--no change on the settings on the 2408 or ultralite's audio card settings.

A fluke, but definitely one I'm cool with as I only have to try to sell one 2408 and DON'T have to find/buy another 8 channel a/d without preamps...

I'm sure there still might be some bugs to work out but at least I know I can run both on this motherboard.

Back