Sonar 5 with DFHS

Anyone use DFHS in sonar. I'm looking to buy DFHS, and need some pro/cons. Also, what hardware device to use with DFHS? Thanx

I do.
I suppose the only con is that the VST wrapper in Sonar doesn't recognize the individual outputs from DFHS, so you have to do some bussing/routing to get the sounds on individual channels. You can download a Sonar template from Toontrack that has this taken care of for you. It's never been an issue for me but alot of people moan about it.
Of course this is only when auditioning MIDI files, once you render to wave files it doesn't matter, it's all separate tracks.

As far as hardware, that's up to you. I just use a mouse! ;)

Using it here. No complaints. Getting things to sound like a record is all in creating a parallel bus structures for delays and compression. In the end, you can get it to sound like the real thing (If you have a drummer to record the midi). :p

Just bought DFHS and a Korg Pad Kontrol! Man, the instructions are So vague for this stuff! :mad: I guess I've never worked with midi, so I'm gonna have a hard time. :confused: I've got sounds with the mouse, but I wanna use the control. Any tips on this setup would be baddass! Thanx.

well, if you've already installed your padcontrol, sonar should list it under Options -> Midi Devices. make sure the padcontrol is highlighted and at the very top of the list under "Input".

in sonar, in a midi track, assign the midi track input to the padcontrol and the output to DFHS (drummer) allowing you to use the padcontrol to control DFHS.

hope this is accurate. unless you've already done this.

Gnash5150 said:
Just bought DFHS and a Korg Pad Kontrol! Man, the instructions are So vague for this stuff! :mad: I guess I've never worked with midi, so I'm gonna have a hard time. :confused: I've got sounds with the mouse, but I wanna use the control. Any tips on this setup would be baddass! Thanx.
It shouldn't be too bad with some time under your belt. I'm by no means an expert, but do just like Metalhead...I program with a mouse. Once you get the hang of your situation, it's a breeze. My trouble is in mixing... :D

Youza! This information could have been included with the software, but oh well. I just quit jacking with it until I got a clue from someone. THANX!

Back