Sonar 5 EQ

I'm not sure what you mean by stock EQ. I use the per track EQ quite often. I find that most of the time I'm just using it as a High Pass or Low Pass. I tend to leave things alone when tracking but for instance...I happen to know that the snare on our studio set has an odd high frequency harmonic...if we move the snare out to the middle of the room, the harmonic isn't there....so, anyways. I use a sharp high frequency/low pass curve for the drums and to keep some of the bubble butt rumble out, I also throw in a low freq/high pass on the kick drum.

I find it to be quite useable.

i wonder how much gregh. paid ultrafunk for sonitus? since they were going under, i'm sure he got it for a song. as far as i'm concerned cakewalk didn't have effects plugins at all before Sonitus... well thats not true... becuase they started using the DSP-FX stuff before Sonitus and that is pretty good stuff.

Si. I know the Sonitus EQ too well now, dido on the presets for my studio drum kit. The Cakewalk FX EQ is pretty neat for some things too.

I use the sonitus and cakewalk Eqs, but I was talking about the track eq. Maybe I'm using it wrong, but I have made drastic moves with the settings, and cannot hear any sonic change.

There's a little button next to where it says "low cut" or whichever band you have chosen, it will be green when it's on.

Back