Sonar 5/DFHS

Does anyone use DFHS drum software with Sonar 5. I have never used midi before. I have a Korg Triton extreme, and hoping to use this to control the DFHS software. I'm real ignorant to midi usage. I've heard good things about DFHS though, so I'm diving in. Man, do I sound like a dumbass! :o

If the Korg has a drum pad then it will work fine. You can use the keyboard but you will never get an authentic sounding snare drum roll without a midi drum pad and some drumsticks.

I used DFHS in Sonar and was never happy with using the keyboard. Cheapest decent drumpad is the Akai MPD-16. There are better ones though.

I use DFHS in Sonar 5 and I program all of my drums with the mouse and the piano roll. I have a MIDI keyboard but I don't like using it for drums. Actually you can program some pretty realistic stuff by hand if you get some practice and take your time.

Yeah, for years, I've been using my Alesis SR16. I have an older Alesis with big pads. Maybe that will work. I've heard real good things about DFHS, and I want to start using it right away, since my real drummer's a fuckin' deadbeat. :mad: I'm used to programing my Alesis and pushng record ya know. I just can't grasp the midi concept, I guess. I want to use DFHS with my DDRUM triggers as well. I just need to buy it and get started!

metalhead28 said:
I use DFHS in Sonar 5 and I program all of my drums with the mouse and the piano roll. I have a MIDI keyboard but I don't like using it for drums. Actually you can program some pretty realistic stuff by hand if you get some practice and take your time.

A vary the velocity and timing like a mofo. I'm not convinced that the quantize plug-in does a good enough job...

i went out and bought a Roland TD-6S specifically for recording DFHS with sonar. i bought it all back in january and recorded for a month and got busy with other stuff and haven't touched it since. .. BUT

i just realized DFHS toontrack user forum has free downloads that have the exact project settings for sonar and cubuase that will get you the drum sounds of their free mp3 demos, like "sonor of metal", so i'm going to be playing around with that real soon :)

Back