Sonar 4.0.4 - No sound out

Aoresteen

I can't get Sonar 4.0.4 to output any sound when playing a MIDI file.

The MIDI file plays fine with Media Player 11 & Quicktime.

I set up the audio devices per CW reccomendations. I'm using the MME 32 bit driver (under Audio ADVANCE) and the MIDI device I select is MS GS Wavetable SW Synth.

How do I get SONAR 4 make some SOUND?

I bought this as an upgrade to Pro Audio 9 and was never able to get it to work. I built a new DAW and I'm just loading Sonar 4 for the 2nd time.

Any ideas?

Note: I have SoundBlaster Live! PCI card installed but I am not trying to use it just yet.

Thanks!

Tony

You have to tell your individual midi tracks what device to play. Assuming you have set up your midi instruments in the options, click on the output tab of track 1 and choose the device (GM wavetable). Even though you've set up your midi correctly, your midi tracks don't know where to go until you assign them as well.

Have you checked the Volume Control Panel?

Is Midi Volume one of the available sliders? If not, click on Options and select Properties. Look over the list of available Volume controls and make sure Midi is checked, then click ok. Make sure the midi volume slider is NOT muted and click ok.

You can check what your default Midi playback device is in Windows Control Panel/Sound Devices too.

Reaching for straw here as I'm not a midi guy.

Hope this is helpful. :D

I checked everything with no luck. I them pulled the SB Live! PCI card and everything worked.

I put the SB Live! card back in and everything still works.

I'm not sure why pulling a PCI and then putting it back in would matter but it did.

Thanks!

Tony

Not sure but it may have sync'd up the card with SONAR when you reinstalled. It has to sync up before it will work.... That happened when I installed SONAR.

Back