sonar 3 to cake 9???

lronhoover

I started jamming with a guy and want to try to write a few songs with him. But I have sonar 3 and he has cakewalk 9. I can use buns he makes, but how can I get the bun files he makes?

lronhoover said:
I can use buns he makes, but how can I get the bun files he makes?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

You can go from PA9 to Sonar 3, but not the other way. The only way he can work with your files is if you give him the raw waves.

I know the difficulty. I work in cake 9.3 & my collab works in Audacity.
SSOOOOOOOO
I've harangued him into using a 4 track cassette machine so we can swap the important audio files.
OR you can email each other indiv wave files reduced to MP3s. That works but there's the loss issue & synching. I've managed to get some good results with the MP3 email swaps.

I go and see this guy once a week ( he's 90 miles away) so I just put each of my tracks to a wave file, and place on his machine. When I'm ready to head home I burn a bun file and leave. Seems to be working so far no sync. problems. But it is a pain in the butt on my side of things.

I recently read on one Sonar forum (can't remember which one) that there are slight sync. issues with mp3's, but not with another form of compressed audio (wmv, perhaps). We're talking hundredths of secs. difference here, I think, but nevertheless a difference in start/end points.

You should be able to export the project as an OMF.

FILE > EXPORT > OMF

That should work for pretty much every recording program.

lronhoover said:
sonar 3 to cake 9

......we have a 211 in progress at the liquor store at 36th and lincoln, need backup.................over

sorry, saw thread title, couldn't resist :D

gtrman_66 said:
......we have a 211 in progress at the liquor store at 36th and lincoln, need backup.................over

sorry, saw thread title, couldn't resist :D
You will now be banished to the Cave and stripped of all rep points. :mad:

MODERATOR :mad:

........ :D

Back