Sonar 3 projects compatible with sonar 7?

guhlenn

Oh REALLY????
well, really just a short question. been meaning to do a long overdue update, but well, in fear that i will lose all my project settings... Does sonar 7 allow m,e to use my sonar 3 project files? If not, can i run 3 and 7 simultaneously?

Much appreciated, (and did check Sonar's FAQ... ;) )

G

Yes to both. I have Sonar 4,5,6 and 7 on this computer and they work fine together. The only thing is if you save the file in 7 then you won't be able to open it in 3 again.

I will have to love you now. Love you very long time. :eek:

Thanks! That retrograde compatibility doesn;t work is not an issue. Quite logical in fact.

Yes to both. I have Sonar 4,5,6 and 7 on this computer and they work fine together. The only thing is if you save the file in 7 then you won't be able to open it in 3 again.

out of curiosity, why do you have all those versions? I kept 6 for a bit when I got 7, (just as a paranoid insurance) but I never used 6 since then. All my sessions transferred fine. Are there plugs or settings in 4 (or 5) that you're not getting in 7?
I have seen where quite a few people say they have all their old versions.

I do support and testing, and am required to support those versions that my clients may still be using. They're all on one of my 2 test workstations, not on my production box. I am running only 6 on my production PC.

There's really nothing in it I would use for my production work. And 6 works perfectly. It it ain't broke...

Back