sonar 3 & emu0404

daveymul

hi,can anyonehelp me with a little problem i am having with the above- i cant record audio to sonar3 thru my emu card's audio inputs.i have another intergrated card and this will work?

Just my 2 cents,I recently purchased the 1212M Emu and I do use Sonar 3(Sonar 4 as of yesterday) and I had nothing but problems with the latest drivers and Patchmix.I had to call their tech. support(wicked rude BTW) because no drivers were showing up in Sonar,They had me reset to defaults and reboot my system everything was fine for like a day or 2.Then after that whenever I'd reboot or just startup my machine Patchmix was saying there is No Hardware installed?When I just used it the night before...I was sooo unhappy and could not operate like that so I returned it,reinstalled my Ultra Trustworthy Mia soundcard.Yeah I won't lie,I thought the EMU sounded better when it worked.But Back to using my Mia with NO Problems.I just bought a Presonus Firepod to replace the EMU so we'll see how that goes.I hope you get it working,from previous endeavors I know how aggravating it can be!

I'm really not surprised. EMU have never been able do make a decent driver (or Creative have never made a decent driver), they just follow along the same path as always.

what do you mean by drivers james?- new to the game! sonar is detecting card(well its showing up when i click on my audio input)oh yes one more thing they are analog inputs! dunno if it makes any diffrence.my audio analog outputs are working fine.

Driver is a program that controls a device. Every device, whether it be a printer, disk drive, keyboard, or soundcard must have a driver program. Many drivers, such as the keyboard driver, come with the operating system. A driver acts like a translator between the device and programs that use the device. Each device has its own set of specialized commands that only its driver knows.

In audio field, we have many drivers for soundcard. Name it MME (the oldest Microsoft generic driver), WDM (Microsoft's newer generic driver), ASIO, GSIF, etc. It's which card supports what driver on what application that we should know.

To make it short, I heard EMU cards doesn't support WDM (?). So in order to use it in Sonar, you must choose either ASIO mode driver, or MME driver. ASIO works alot better than MME. When you choose ASIO, there's a chance you won't see your onboard sound card on the list anymore (until you switch back to MME mode) since your onboard soundcard doesn't support ASIO. So you'll see only the EMU on the list. Select them to use. You'll also need to "tweak" your soundcard's setting from it's Emu control panel.

;)
Jaymz

Back