Sonar 3 drops like crazy

williamconifer

Greets,

I just started dinking around with Sonar 3 and is it me or CPU load higher and dropouts more than Sonar2.2?

I load a 4 track live recording with lots of plugs into Ver2 and no dropouts and 56% CPU load. I do the same for Ver 3 and it's 89% before it drops 2 seconds later.

I run a Terratec EWS2494 using ASIO drivers. The buffer is set so I have a latency of 36ms :( . Audio settings seem to be identical in ver 2 and 3. I tried WDM driver and still had dropouts although less of them but the audio was crackly. I have no problem using Acid, Fruity Loops (er, I mean FL Studio) or Vegas 4 using my Card and ASIO drivers.

Am I missing something?

Jack

sorry I should have mentioned specs.

Win2k. AMD 1.6 Athlon 786 meg ram. 3 -7200rpm HD for audio/video only (300 gig) Terratec EWS2496 card.

Very adept at audio & video.

Sonar3 installed on application HD (C Drive). All drives FAT32.

thanks
jack

I have a similar setup with w2k / PIII 1.2ghz / 512 mbram and TT EWS 88MT. For me it was extremely important to rise the I/O buffer size from default 64 to 256 (under Audio optionen in the menu). When doing this Sonar 2,2XL and my old computer handles a lot of tracks and plugs without a hint of problem.

for example; 24 true stereotracks gives a CPU reading of 17%

claes

claes said:
For me it was extremely important to rise the I/O buffer size from default 64 to 256
But that will give you an incredible high latency which is no fun at all.... ;) Welcome to the board, by the way.

Are you sure you have the same sound (Options -> Audio) settings in Sonar 2 and Sonar 3?

Back