Sonar 3 compatible with Gigastudio 160?

axeshredder

Is Sonar 3 compatible with Gigastudio 160? I checked to see if my hardware is compatible with BOTH and it is..I 'm using Frontier Designs Dakota/Tango24.

Thanks!

Also does anyone know if Gigastudio 160 converts AKAI formats??? I want to use spectrasonics libraries within giga/sonar3

Yes, they are compatible :) Read the FAQ here...

http://www.tascamgiga.com/support/faq.php

Here's quoted...
Q: Can GigaStudio read other library formats?

It sure can. Built in to all versions of GigaStudio is a function called S-Convert which will allow you to insert any Akai formatted CD-Rom and convert the entire disk's content over to the GigaStudio format. Above and beyond that, there is a third party software application made by Chicken Systems called Translator. With Translator, you can convert just about every major library format (E-Mu, Roland, Kurzweil, Ensoniq, Sound Font, and Sample Cell..both Mac and PC formatted) over for use with GigaStudio

Anyway, with SONAR 3 PE, you can use VSampler 3 to play those sample formats...

;)
Jaymz

You must open Sonar from within Gigastudio for it to work.
When you open Giga,there will be a settings menu where you can choose your sequencer and .wav editor.
While the two will work together,it's not as good as a DXI or VST sampler.You will probably have glitches or drop outs sooner than a program that works within Sonar.Plus you can't automate it.
A lot of people who are running Giga full blown,run it on a seperate machine just like a sound module.Depending on the sample libraries you're using,it can be a HUGE resource hog.
There may be an updated version out,but since I've gotten Kompakt I've forgotten about Giga.

Giga is still the tool for giant symphonic productions,but if you just need a pad or an organ,it's overkill and to unwieldy.

Back