Sonar 3 and MOTU 2408

Rhythmschism

I recently obtained a MOTU 2408 MKII interface and have been tinkering around trying to get it set up. So far everythings fine except that I'm a little confused about the "Audio Driver Bit Depth" setting under Audio settings. Seeing as my interface is supposed to be 24bit, I put this to 24. But, when I do this, the file I recorded sounds like its skipping on a CD, in very small intervals. But when I change the setting to 16, the same recording plays fine. Any idea what the problem might be here?

What is your computer spesifications? Remember that 24 bit demands more power than 16 bit.

Thanks for replying Moskus.

My computer is a P4 2.8 GHz with 512 ram. You think I may just need to throw some more memory at it?

That computer should handle 24 bit just fine.

Have you set the bitrate on the MOTU to 24 bit?

Ah, ok, I think I fixed it. I changed to 48000 on both my card and Sonar and now it doesn't give me any trouble. Thanks a bunch Moskus :)

Also, for Moskus or anyone else. This has probably been asked before but I was not able to find an answer by searching. Is there a way to utilize Sonar's metronome without having an external midi divice plugged in? Any way to just use your own computer's midi capabilities? Thanks.

Back