Sonar 2.2XL, Delta Omni and '74 Fender Jazz Bass....

Still' Dreamin'

O.K.

Perhaps some of the real engineers here can give me suggestions. I'm trying to get rid of that buzzing ground noise my '74 Jazz Bass makes once I plug it into my Delta Omni box.

In my stage days one just switched the polarity on an amp but that only occassionally worked. Once I record, Cool Edit Pro is good to rid me of this noise but time consuming. Is there a filter I could make or buy before I plug it to the Omni Box that rids me of the eternal BUZZ? :confused:

Did you try using a (DI) direct box and then to your omni? Just a suggestion!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a similar problem at one time, but with all instruments, not just the bass. Is it happening with other instruments (guitar, mics, synths), as well? I fixed my problem, but don't want to expound on diagnosing ground loops if this is an isolated incident with just one instrument as it would be moot.

Do what Jeyan said. You are sending an unbalanced signal -- noisy, prone to picking up hum -- into your sound card. A DI box will convert the signal from unbalanced to balanced and should be much better in delivering a stronger, cleaner signal.

Behringer makes a dirt cheap one which seems to do the job well.

:) Q.

Qwerty said:
Behringer makes a dirt cheap one which seems to do the job well. :)

For $29.99 one can't go wrong with Behringer...:D Thanks folks!

CraigarS....I'll buy a DI-100 box over the weekend at a local music store, if the buzz is still there I'll post an update. Thanks!

yeah i agree or just try gettin' back away from the screne and computer, all electronics really, that might help, you could also eq it way down @ 60hz, 120hz, 240hz, ect.

peace

wyd

Back