Sonar 2.0 and Delta 44

poo

hey guys!

I just installed Sonar 2.0. After the Audio Profiling wizard finishes, it tells me that none of the Delta 44 drivers are supported in cakewalk. I don't get it. But I was able to import wave files and play them...it's messed up. Does anyone else have these problems or has had them working with the Delta 44 and Sonar 2.0?
I'm bummed out.

it tells me that none of the Delta 44 drivers are supported in cakewalk
Does the program actually tell you that, or does the Delta just not show up under your sound card choices?

Also, what OS are you running? Do you have another sound card installed along with the Delta? What Delta drivers are you using?

Obviously something is not right. The Delta sound cards work fine in Sonar.

I also have a Sblive installed in my system and its detected fine.
When Sonar boots up, before anything happens, a dialogue box comes up and says "Audio Driver Error" "The following drivers either do not support the current audio format, or may be in use by another application"

Ok, here's my guesses:

First, what bit depth is set in your Sonar projects. I'm guessing you have your project set for 24 bit depth. The SB Live does not support 24 bits. Go into Audio -> Options -> General and set the Delta as your playback and record timing master, and then set the Audio Driver and File Bit Depth both to 24 bits (I'm assuming you are using the Delta for recording purposes and the SB Live for Midi and that you want to record at 24 bits. If you want to record at 16 bits, then set to 16).

Second, you may have a WDM vs MME driver conflict. Sonar will only allow you to use the same driver type when you have multiple soundcards.

Go back to Audio -> Options and select the advanced tab. Click the check box next to Always Use MME interface. That should get both cards working for you.

If you want to use WDM drivers, you'll need to get WDM drivers for BOTH cards, and then uncheck that MME check box.

Make sure to reprofile your sound cards after making changes.

Yea.
Sonar 2.0 seems to be pickier than formers. I had to match up sample rates and stuff. In the past, I had recorded songs at 16/44.1, and I had Delta panel set at 48k....I changed everything back...and it works now.

thanks!

Yea!
It's just too bad the nice music I make takes WEEKS to get on mp3.com. It's a slooooow processs at that place let me tell ya.

Back