Something very diferent from the usual....

.....because its amaturish and eletronic :rolleyes:

I try to mainly produce ambient eletronic music on the likes of IDM and Industrial..with use of dry synths and deep atmospheres
I want some help of you guys....cause i honestly think that my tracks has a problem with mixing, especially the bass response, and lown end, mid frequencies. and all those things we are used too
So, this is a industrial ambient i made a few months ago...if you are interested in hearing some instrumental :rolleyes:
I would apreciate any form of help and criticism :)

http://www.sonic-energy.net/audio/Stalker_Consider.mp3

This would be great for a soundtrack opening of a flick. the name you have given it fits the feel of it.

I love all the instrumentations you have used.

I don't hear anything wrong with the mix as far as my ears go.

I mean, if I was in a theater, and this was playing, I woudn't be sitting there picking out any missed lows or mids.

But....if I were listening for the mix of it, I would....nope, I like it. The intro centered with some flow through stereo.

The way the percussion cuts through in the front right and centered bass with the percussions going stereo from time to time, while most of the highs seem to be on the left going to right.

Then how everything goes to center at the outro. Yeah man, I think it sounds very good and professional.

I would like to add, that I don't know what exactly you were going for here. Was it outstanding lows, or a balance in all? It is so hard to judge another mans works, for only he truely knows what he is hearing and striving for.

TRUE :)

I listened through my phones and then my DX4s. The phones really showcased the mix well, and a bit better than the monitors. The lows and mids seemed more present in the phones than the DXs. I did listen 4xs to this man. Twice in phones and twice on monitors.

true-eurt said:
This would be great for a soundtrack opening of a flick. the name you have given it fits the feel of it.

I love all the instrumentations you have used.

I don't hear anything wrong with the mix as far as my ears go.

I mean, if I was in a theater, and this was playing, I woudn't be sitting there picking out any missed lows or mids.

But....if I were listening for the mix of it, I would....nope, I like it. The intro centered with some flow through stereo.

The way the percussion cuts through in the front right and centered bass with the percussions going stereo from time to time, while most of the highs seem to be on the left going to right.

Then how everything goes to center at the outro. Yeah man, I think it sounds very good and professional.

I would like to add, that I don't know what exactly you were going for here. Was it outstanding lows, or a balance in all? It is so hard to judge another mans works, for only he truely knows what he is hearing and striving for.

I listened through my phones and then my DX4s. The phones really showcased the mix well, and a bit better than the monitors. The lows and mids seemed more present in the phones than the DXs. I did listen 4xs to this man. Twice in phones and twice on monitors.

Thanks for the comments True-eurt :)

My concern about the frequencies responses were in "the balance", like something is really off compared to the rest
but i guess this is just those kind of paranoia you have when you listen to your track more then 400 times :rolleyes:
Anyways, thanks again for the feedback...and i am glad you enjoyed :)

SoundofMind said:
Thanks for the comments True-eurt :)

My concern about the frequencies responses were in "the balance", like something is really off compared to the rest
but i guess this is just those kind of paranoia you have when you listen to your track more then 400 times :rolleyes:
Anyways, thanks again for the feedback...and i am glad you enjoyed :)
Hey, you are very welcome. I will have another listen based on what you just said, but I don't think I'll find anything.

Well, I listened and as before, everything sounds well balanced. I love the way you have it balanced as I posted previously.

Last edited:
Nice, deep bass to start. Good sounds overall. Sounds well put together. Good space for all the different sounds. A bit long for me. Not a real complaint, just long for an instrumental. It will work well for certain things.
Ed

hey :)

i thought it sounded really good, though i'm only listening on headphones. i thought the bass wass strong and well balanced - any less and it wouldn't be quite there, any more and it would be overpowering.

i'm really digging those really eery, scratchy strings about halfway through. they sound really cool.

Andy

andydeedpoll said:
hey :)

i thought it sounded really good, though i'm only listening on headphones. i thought the bass wass strong and well balanced - any less and it wouldn't be quite there, any more and it would be overpowering.

i'm really digging those really eery, scratchy strings about halfway through. they sound really cool.

Andy

Thanks andy :)
The atmosphere is eerie indeed. You must have noticed some voice samples on the break and on the end of the track. Those samples were recorded by me where i tell a story about a men losing his mind. So the atmospheres were there to represent insanity...on a very subjective way :rolleyes:

SoundofMind said:
Maybe one last feedback before the link expire? :) :rolleyes:
Hey..If you don't want your links to expire, try Nowhere Radio, or Soundclick. You can set up a band page there, and just add to it. Or you can try Lightning MP3. It is run by Gunnar....NL5....who frquents this place.

Just a thought for ya man....

Dogman said:
Hey..If you don't want your links to expire, try Nowhere Radio, or Soundclick. You can set up a band page there, and just add to it. Or you can try Lightning MP3. It is run by Gunnar....NL5....who frquents this place.

Just a thought for ya man....

Thanks Dogman
I am thinking about puting up an artist page somewhere
Thanks for the tip, i am going to check then out :)

As a matter of protocol,
How about deleting the thread if the link expires so that I don't spent 20 min trying to link to it like I just did.
Cheers
rayC

rayc said:
As a matter of protocol,
How about deleting the thread if the link expires so that I don't spent 20 min trying to link to it like I just did.
Cheers
rayC

well....yeah
but the link hasnt expired yet :confused:

Edit: I am talkinmg about the link i gave on my third post of this topic
(yousendit)
The original link (Sonic Energy) isnt working indeed
I tryed to edit, but the edit optiom of that post is gone

Dig the growling synth during the intro...sounds real cool on my headphones....at the 1:37 mark,those are some seriously creepy sounds...was kinda waiting for it to kick into a NlN or Prodigy type rave up thing...very atmospheric,could definetly see it used for a soundtrack or some other ambient type project.

Thanks everybody

Glad you liked :)

Ps: Tomorow i will change the link, to the artist page i am doing
So you guys could check out others tracks from me

Back