Something Smooth - Bitter Sweet

Can I ask you to list us your equipment?

Nice track...Everything seems well mixed... Maybe try to reduce the panning a bit... It's a bit distracting... You really have your own sound... Never heard something like this before...

Keep bangin',
Beathoven

Thanx a lot^^

Yes, its pretty simple:

My computer (an old gateway)
-fruity loops 3.5
-Battery
-Kontak
-FM7
-absynth
-Mo Phatt Soundfont
-Purephatt soundfont
-Planet Phatt soundfont
- And some other soundfonts, that i cant name right now. T-racks (I only use it to master beats when they are not going to be recorded on. If they are, I use the raw beat.)
-Waves Plug In pack

A midi controller, I forgot the name, it starts with a C
my Boston acoustics (these home theater speakers can be some nice monitors. Without the surround sound of coarse.)

I am pretty much a software person, IM getting ready to incorporate more hardware into my little set up. But still researching.

I'm feeling the track. Mellow as hell but sounds okay. That string scrub on the guitar is real corny though.

hiphoper said:
COuld someone pleaze tell me what are soundfonts

Soundfonts are a form of instrument samples. I think the format was created my E-mu/Creative Labs to be used by their Soundblaster soundcards to allow the cards to produce more realistic full sounds. Now a lot of software samplers support the Soundfont kits. Don't think there any hardware that supports em. Soundfonts can be changed to wav. and wav. to sf2.. I have changed a few AKAI sample disks to sf2. for my cuz with good results.

Back