Something old from Zed10R

Zed10R

My first clinic submission - from Zed10R -

'Sup Peeps. I've decided to go back to some old tracks I did years ago and I'd like some advice on how to best mix them. I am not interstested in re-tracking because I want to work with the sound that is there. It represents where I was at the time and I want to keep that sound, however lacking it may be. So.....here's a link to one example....lemme know what you think is most lacking...or whatever comes to mind. These are totally dry tracks, just barely mixed, mostly just thrown together.

The song is called "Mean" and it is .wav format. If I need to change it to MP3, I will....

I know access in a PITA, but after you click the link, click the little white box thay says windows media player. Then it should just play....I am working on making it easier....I'm not experienced in posting these things....

Thanks!!

http://www.putfile.com/zed10r/media

Last edited:
Zed10R said:
The song is called "Mean" and it is .wav format. If I need to change it to MP3, I will....
http://www.putfile.com/zed10r/media
Zed10R - was going to download, went through 20 pages until I arrived at the download link. When I saw it was 24Mb, I went back and tried the player. Looks like a QuickTime player - I have QuickTime but others may not. Just wanted you to know there may be a few things preventing some from listening to this. MP3 will of course never sound as good.....

The mix is pretty much a done deal from what I can hear.... The guitars are perfectly panned and have a great sound. The drums have a really nice thump to them that comes out very well. The playing is top notch too. The vocals are suitably buried in the music - typical for this genre. No nits from me and no recs.... Nice job....

:) :D :) :D

Access to your stuff is a prob.
1stly create a link directly to the work;
2ndly try to use a streamer so that people don't have to spend time waiting & then listening
& Finally
THose file sizes aren't going to get you listened to. Those on liimited downloads & /or dial up will pass.
Sorry.

cool song. dark and heavy. could use a bit more overall clarity, but doesn't reallly need it. the drums sound pretty cool too. nice work!

I'll work on the access issues as soon as I can...thanks for letting me know it's a pain in the ass. I didn't think through it enough appearently....

And thanks for the comments!

Mate, you don't know about these things until you try & then it's either sweet as a nut or a bit of a stuff up. I dropped in on lots of people's stuff on this forum before I set up on a site so I had pain in the bum advanced boils on what was good from the listeners' perspective.
You've said you'll look into it so that means you're learning too.

Back