Something new...

WhiteStrat

Don't stare at the eye.
I feel like I'm new to the clinic (it's been so long!), but I'd love some input. So for what it's worth, here's an experiment. Check out this track and let me know what you think. It's a bit long--but stick with it. It should change up enough to keep your interest.

Last edited:
That was pretty fucking cool. At first I listened on earbuds and when the guitars came in it was a bit harsh. Real bitey with a lot of treble.

But then I plugged it into my stereo and it was pretty good.

I listened a couple of times, not to critique, but just because I enjoyed listening to it.

I dug it a lot.
:thumbs up:

Great song, really enjoyed it. No critique on the song writing, playing, mix or arrangement, but I find myself wondering how it would sound if you had an acoustic accompanying the piano/solo mid section. Might detract from the badassery though!

Interesting intro Mr WS.
You always dial in the right delay/reverb-delay combo for heroic classic rock.
The quieter passage that started around 4mins seemed European to me - odd that I should say that but that was my thought.

Cool journey.
Did you play the white strat?

Wow!

Absotively loved the intro! This has a great touch to it, love the orchestra and piano - there's a story in this song and I can't wait to hear it with vocals. No complaints anywhere - I'm just too wowed.

There is so much classic rock influence in this, and you've taken it to the next level.

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to hear the finished product ... can only wonder what this is a prelude to ...
Timbo

Still digging the tune. I must say that this isn't a genre I would normally be attracted to or seek out. So the fact that I like it and keep coming back to it is a good thing.

Upon a more in depth critical listen, I'd personally like to hear a bit more drums.

Some of the tunes on here, when I listen to them, just make me want to give up. This is one of them. That was a journey of rocking epicness. That change around 3:44 was nice man, great composition.

TheLurker

It's really cool. I had to forward the first 50 seconds of the song man lol. You should turn the first 50 seconds into 10 :thumbs up:

After that it starts rocking out :D

I feel like I'm new to the clinic (it's been so long!), but I'd love some input. So for what it's worth, here's an experiment. Check out this track and let me know what you think. It's a bit long--but stick with it. It should change up enough to keep your interest.

Hey man. Welcome to the clinic. :p

I really enjoyed this. You were right. It did change enough to keep my interest.
The guitar tones all sounded great to me but I'm interested in what you used for piano and orchestral instruments.
Maybe you're happy enough with them but I'm wondering if you could do something to introduce more of a human feel to some of them?
I know the main suite I have has mod wheel input for various types of expression...that kind of thing.
It can really make a difference introducing vibrato on woodwind/strings and increasing/decreasing intensity with strings or whatever.

Great composition man. Thanks for sharing. :)

Great playing and tone...nice work. Only thing I could mention is that I was expecting bigger drums (snare in particular) when they kicked in. Nice panning work, nice full sound, cymbals sound great too. Reminds me a bit of Blind Guardian...particularly the softer sections. :thumbs up:

I like it as it is with no vocals. Great instrumental with good use of dynamics. Still, maybe a little more variance between the softer and louder passages would cause the listener to maintain interest. It's certainly worth it to hang on to the end. Especially liked the featured bass near the ending. Really nice job.

Nice composition! Only if there were electric guitars in the middle ages! D&D!

On my speakers it sounded jumbled, couldn't distinctively hear all the instruments. There was some cymbal stuff that was barely audible, and parts sounded crowded in the center, the guitar and piano.

Back