Something Else Vintage!??!

BlueGalaxie500

Hey there! I guess my sign on name should have been Vintage guy or something. I have a question about something that could be used for some recording or just messing around. Picked it up a while back and was a conversation piece between my bro and friends. It is at my brothers place right now and it has been there for a while so I really can't remember the model number or really even what it is called. OK, it is a briefcase with a projection screen on one side. When you open it up it has a tape recorder inside it with a microphone. Some sort of projection device that when you turn it on a lamp comes on and you put 35mm slide film in a slot underneath a curtain. The picture slides show up when you turn a switch, when you put a tape in the cassette deck and press play the slide film automatically plays with the tape. It must have been used for real estate purposes because all the tapes talk about real estate. It could be used for taking pics at a concert and converting them to slide film, having a tape with music to play along. Most defintitely a conversation piece. Anyway I will post pics for everyone who wants to see it when I bring it back to my house and take the pics. Once I post the pics and you all see it, I will sell to anyone who is interested.
Peace out

In public and high schools in the 70's there was a lot of educational stuff you could order for these things. Teachers would get them in for a week at a time.

Think of it as the hardware version of Powerpoint. ;)
(or any other presentation/slide show software)

I seem to recall falling asleep in class during slide shows about ... ZZZzzzzzzz

Whoops, guess I don't remember what they were about :D

mike

Putting me to sleep

By the sound of the guys voice on the tape, I would have fallen asleep as well, only these presentations were for job training in real estate so don't think I would have lasted in that job. Heh heh

Hey there, PICS!!

Hello here are the pics of a the prehistoric thingy magig. It is called a Communicator/50 by Bell and Howell model 1152-D. I'll try to post the pics with it on, but some pics I take are too many KB to list.
Peace out.

Attachments

• communicator 1.jpg
    communicator 1.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 62
  • communicator 3.jpg
    communicator 3.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 57
  • communicator 6.jpg
    communicator 6.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 57
  • communicator 7.jpg
    communicator 7.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 56
  • communicator 9.jpg
    communicator 9.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 56
More PICS! Communicator/50

Hello, here are the rest of the pics I took.

Attachments

• communicator 8.jpg
    communicator 8.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Communicator R.jpg
    Communicator R.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 49
  • Communicator T.jpg
    Communicator T.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 48
Communicator/50

I Have A Bell And Howell Communicator/50also, Runs Great!!!
But I Don't Know How To Load The Film And How To Convert Film For The Projector Will Show Slides. Can Anyone Help??? Does Anyone Have A Book On This Machine???
THANKS
KEN
KENWYLEE@AOL.COM

Back