Someimes you know you came up with something ground breaking.......

R

RAMI

...unfortunately, this ain't it. :(

But I hope you enjoy this generic riff-rock song. :)

The main thing I'm concerned about is the main guitar track, the one that does the opening riff. I think it's clicking and squeaking and it's probably because I got excited and put the gain at 10. I think it's a good sound, but I wonder if I should have rolled back the gain just a teenage c**t-hair.

Do you guys hear the clicking and squeaking as something bad, or is that just part of a heavily distorted sound? I almost feel like I don't deserve to have that kind of power in my hands because I'm not experienced enough to handle the responsibility of that much disortion. :D

Any other mix help is always appreciated too. :cool:

YEAH

You can get away with it. In fact, it's got a different-than-usual sound which makes it seem like you're up to something. Too bad you told us it was just a case of clipping. :D

You can get away with it. In fact, it's got a different-than-usual sound which makes it seem like you're up to something. Too bad you told us it was just a case of clipping. :D

Hehe...Thanx man. It's nowhere near clipping, I just thought I should have used a slightly less distorted sound. :)

Last edited:
First off that is a kick 4ss guitar riff. To be honest I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't drawn my attention to the clicks. :eek: It's like they literally don't exist in my life until someone tells me they do. I reckon it's something to do with the constant thunder of Heathrow's jet engines above me.

Nice tunage though, I like it. I couldn't believe my ears at first, I was thinking where's the Rami, is this a love ballad? It's different, mellow by your standards. Probably a bit more to my personal style if I'm honest - so I really enjoyed it.

I mean your playing and execution is flawless as far as I can tell. It always flows real nice and this had something a bit different which was cool for a change. A change is as good as a holiday.

Oh yeah, the Yeah at 1:19 was great. Probably my favourite. :D

Man, the internet is slow tonight - supposedly ADSL and the predicted download time for your song is 6 minutes!!
Being that it's a RAMI tune it'll be worth the wait.
Whilst I'm waiting... I really enjoed you most recent album mate. Very cool - very nice selection of covers too.
Well, that took 10 minutes but was worth it...
Clicks & squeals aren't a problem for me but you'll drive yourself nuts every time you hear it & you'll focus in on them.
Another solid RAMI tune. You have a very funky sensibility that informs your riffs, bass lines and rhythms generally.

Another classic from RAMI.
Truth be told, I just tune in to enjoy them. There's never gonna be feedback/criticism.

Love it, RAMI.

Awsome riff! Not sure what clicking supposed to be listening for. I hear some clicks like very brief digital clips but don't see how that could be coming from the amp. I think the distortion sounds about perfect. Overall mix lacks bass content. Drums sound pretty clean and nice overall tone but again no bass. The most obvious thing here is a very cool song. Sounds very 70's. Love the "yeahs" at 1:50ish.

First off that is a kick 4ss guitar riff. To be honest I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't drawn my attention to the clicks. :eek: It's like they literally don't exist in my life until someone tells me they do. I reckon it's something to do with the constant thunder of Heathrow's jet engines above me.

Nice tunage though, I like it. I couldn't believe my ears at first, I was thinking where's the Rami, is this a love ballad? It's different, mellow by your standards. Probably a bit more to my personal style if I'm honest - so I really enjoyed it.

I mean your playing and execution is flawless as far as I can tell. It always flows real nice and this had something a bit different which was cool for a change. A change is as good as a holiday.

Oh yeah, the Yeah at 1:19 was great. Probably my favourite. :D
Hehe...That's a throwaway "yeah". :)

Thanx a lot. I guess this might be different for me, but I don't know about "love song". :eek:

Man, the internet is slow tonight - supposedly ADSL and the predicted download time for your song is 6 minutes!!
Being that it's a RAMI tune it'll be worth the wait.
Whilst I'm waiting... I really enjoed you most recent album mate. Very cool - very nice selection of covers too.
Well, that took 10 minutes but was worth it...
Clicks & squeals aren't a problem for me but you'll drive yourself nuts every time you hear it & you'll focus in on them.
Another solid RAMI tune. You have a very funky sensibility that informs your riffs, bass lines and rhythms generally.
Hey, thanx a lot Ray. As for the CD, I'm glad you like it and it does a few pretty good ones, but I really wish I didn't put that one out. Most of the songs were done in a shitty room and under shitty circumstances in my life, etc....I can't even listen to it other than the covers. Thanx man. :cool:

Another classic from RAMI.
Truth be told, I just tune in to enjoy them. There's never gonna be feedback/criticism.

Love it, RAMI.
Thanx Steen. Hope you enjoyed this one too. :)

I like it a lot. Great song, well played, nicely produced. Reminds me a little of Neil Young.
Well, that's a shame. :) Just kidding. I'm not a big Neil fan. I'm still pretty sure he and Edith Bunker are the same person. :D

Awsome riff! Not sure what clicking supposed to be listening for. I hear some clicks like very brief digital clips but don't see how that could be coming from the amp. I think the distortion sounds about perfect. Overall mix lacks bass content. Drums sound pretty clean and nice overall tone but again no bass. The most obvious thing here is a very cool song. Sounds very 70's. Love the "yeahs" at 1:50ish.
Thanx a lot for the mix help. So, I should bring up the kik and bass? Or is it just a general lack of low end in the mix, in your opinion? I'll listen with fresh ears later on today. Much appreciated. :cool:

I think the reason I'm a little obsessed with clicks that might not even be there is because, when I posted a 27 second clip of this while I was working on it, TripleM mentioned he heard a lot of pops. So, I might be listening too hard for anything that clicks, pops or squeals. I'm willing to re-track that guitar part, but if I don't have to, even better.

Well the mix level of the kick and bass sound right enough. There's always a little room for personal preference of course. What I would say is just plain wrong is that it just sounds like there's a HPF on the whole mix. I hear the batter just fine. I hear the hi mids of the bass guitar just fine and they both sound great tonally except there's nothing below about, oh I don't know, maybe 100 hz or so.

Well the mix level of the kick and bass sound right enough. There's always a little room for personal preference of course. What I would say is just plain wrong is that it just sounds like there's a HPF on the whole mix. I hear the batter just fine. I hear the hi mids of the bass guitar just fine and they both sound great tonally except there's nothing below about, oh I don't know, maybe 100 hz or so.
Awesome. Thanx for the help. I'll definitely look into that when I re-mix it.

Just for the record, I didn't high-pass anything. I shelf things like vocals and guitars at the bottom, but I rarely high-pass. I'm not saying that to negate what you hear, because if that's what you hear, there must be something that needs to be fixed. :cool:

Last edited:
I am late to the party.
Might be my stereo, might be me, lots of great stuff going on there, mix sounds tight and spot on except, vocals sound slightly lost/low. So many great vocal sounds on that tune but it is hard for me to hear them. But, based on the reviews I have read, I am the only one, so it must be me.

Good tune.

I am late to the party.
Might be my stereo, might be me, lots of great stuff going on there, mix sounds tight and spot on except, vocals sound slightly lost/low. So many great vocal sounds on that tune but it is hard for me to hear them. But, based on the reviews I have read, I am the only one, so it must be me.

Good tune.

Thanx man. I thought the same thing this morning when I first heard it again, but since nobody else mentioned it, I thought I'd wait and see if anyone does mention it.....then you came along. :D

So, I'll probably notch up the vocals just a .....hair..... I think it's just the back vocals that need to come up.

Thanx a lot. :cool:

Cool track RAMI...

I can definitely hear clicks, both in the intro and occasionally throughout - small one in the first second, bigger one at 0.04, small one at 0.07, bigger one at 0.09/0.10 etc.

Doesn't sound like amp to me, sounds digital, but I'm sure you're keeping an eye on that. What's the track sound like soloed?

The small ones almost sound like pick strike or something organic, it's the larger ones I'd be worried about. Not a conversion or mastering issue?

That aside, it's another kickass RAMI tune ya talented bastard! Awesome riffage - like the little percussive electric guitar bits in particular (and no, they're not the clicks...) :)

Cool track RAMI...

I can definitely hear clicks, both in the intro and occasionally throughout - small one in the first second, bigger one at 0.04, small one at 0.07, bigger one at 0.09/0.10 etc.

Doesn't sound like amp to me, sounds digital, but I'm sure you're keeping an eye on that. What's the track sound like soloed?

The small ones almost sound like pick strike or something organic, it's the larger ones I'd be worried about. Not a conversion or mastering issue?

That aside, it's another kickass RAMI tune ya talented bastard! Awesome riffage - like the little percussive electric guitar bits in particular (and no, they're not the clicks...) :)
Thanx a lot Armistice. Yeah, I hear them too. It's not any kind of clipping, my track is peaking at -15 or something, so I'm not worried about that. I'll probably re-do that guitar track with a little less gain and see what happens. It won't take long, I can play it all the way through.

Thanx for all the comments.

(Anyone else think the back vocals, or vocals in general, should come up? I hope not, I hate my voice, but be honest anyway. :D )

Thanx man. I thought the same thing this morning when I first heard it again, but since nobody else mentioned it, I thought I'd wait and see if anyone does mention it.....then you came along. :D

So, I'll probably notch up the vocals just a .....hair..... I think it's just the back vocals that need to come up.

Thanx a lot. :cool:

That was why I was reluctant to say anything. Thought I would get a :spank:

I think the mix is fine, but I do hear all those clicks and pops. Seems digital, but it could also be a bad guitar cable or something. I think the gtr tone is great though. Well done there.

I think the mix is fine, but I do hear all those clicks and pops. Seems digital, but it could also be a bad guitar cable or something. I think the gtr tone is great though. Well done there.

Thanx man. I'm going to re-track it. My guitar seems to make that sound. I'm going to check my cable, but I think the electronics in my guitar are a little wonky. I bought this thing for $40 off a friend about 12 years ago. I think it's time to get that SG. I had to spend my money on fricking dental work instead, but I'll be getting a new axe soon.

Back