some rough cuts

reaper sg

looking for some opinions, both positive and negative, of a few songs I cowrote. These were done using an Akai DPS12I in my basement. These tunes are just demo quality at this time.
We're doing them up professionally in a studio now along with 8 other songs and any comments will be taken seriously as this will
only improve the finished product.

here's the link to my website

http://rick_470.tripod.com

the 3 songs are near the bottom of the page
lady moons pleading

thanks in advance for any comments!

hey,
i checked out lady,
i dont love the drum sound. The opening guitar part reminded me of Zappa a little(compliment) Pretty good sound all around. The acoustic guitar part is a tad to bright....just MHO
good work
-Jake

To much verb on the ole' vox, your singing is GOOD, let us hear your voice, not your verb-box please.

I'm hearing a lot of hissage ... This is generally a very hot mix. Any hiss at all in a mix like this, with so much final heat, is going to sizzle. The vox doesn't have a lot of sibilance ... some.

I'm definitely hearing a lot of 'pleading' in here, that's for sure.

At 2:00, this chorus is awesome, gotta bring that guitar in stereo left down, it's at the same level all the time ?

Oh yeah ... hit me hard with the vox at 2:35 ... killer !

I want to hear more lows in the guitar generally, sounds like a rickenbacker on ritalin ... IMHO ... it's not bad ... it's just to damn hot, it's to close sonically to your vox.

When I was the time marker at 7:47, I groaned, but I'm enjoying this ... you hurtin' bro ... I can feel that here.

Drums might come up a bit once the guitar goes down ... not the drum metal, the drums.

By 04:15 or so, this is the vox level I want throughout the entire song.

Yeah, killer chorus, I'm at 5:11. I like the half-leslied type guitar in the stereo right low ... that's a nice rythmic element.

Oh god ... the smell of her skin ... oh man ! ... :D

Killer guitar solo, although when you come out of it, I'd like to hear that guitar continue wailing in long, long sustained note, lower and below that riff that happens through 7:00 to 7:11 etc ... and then it can easily pick back up like it does more seamlessly.

Ok ... I like the fade out ... man that mix is fawking hot ! The Ghost of FM thrives on that stuff :D , and that's excellent for radio ... hell that's good for AM dude !

Thanks for the response, guys!!!

studioviols:
I take all comments/ideas to heart and I will use what you said to improve the overall "sound". The timing is good too cuz we're in the process of doing a CD in a pro studio and your comments will come in handy.

jakearabble:
Yeah I wasn't too pleased with how the drums turned out either. That wil get fixed when we redo it, also I ran the acoustic direct which accounts for the brightness, I think, any way I'm gonna mic
it for the next recording. thanks for checking it out!

Back