some pedal question

yag

Still Newbie
I just wonder can I use a "regular" pedal with an acoustic-electric guitar. Or are there things that I need to look for?

What kind of pedal? You're not going to harm anything--but the question is: will it sound good? I know guys who use "regular" chorus, delay, eq, etc pedals with an acoustic.

Will it sound good? Yes, that's the real question.
Are there pedals especially designed for acoustic-electrics... I never played an acoustic plugged with pedals/effects and never had an acoustic-electric, thus I know nothing about them but what I wonder is if a plug the acoustic-electric through something like Ibanez TS7 tubescreamer pedal (I put it here because it was the cheapest on MF by ibanez) will I get a bad/good/normal sound with respect to a solidbody (say a strat)?

Will it sound good? Yes, that's the real question.
Are there pedals especially designed for acoustic-electrics... I never played an acoustic plugged with pedals/effects and never had an acoustic-electric, thus I know nothing about them but what I wonder is if a plug the acoustic-electric through something like Ibanez TS7 tubescreamer pedal (I put it here because it was the cheapest on MF by ibanez) will I get a bad/good/normal sound with respect to a solidbody (say a strat)?

No, an acoustic through a tube screamer won't sound like an electric through a tube screamer. I've heard guys who thought it was close enough--but I didn't like the sound at all. That's not to say you won't though. Got a friend with a distortion pedal? Hook up your acoustic and check it out.

Thanks WhiteStrat, yes it seems that I need to borrow some pedals and try them out.

I think I have been watching too much Al Di Meola lately... Anyways I should get back to watching him...

Thanks WhiteStrat, yes it seems that I need to borrow some pedals and try them out.

I think I have been watching too much Al Di Meola lately... Anyways I should get back to watching him...

Good guy to watch! Enjoy...

Experiment. You are not likely to damage anything (maybe a speaker if you are too loud and this isn't likely.) If you like the sound, use it; if it sounds like crap try something else. All pedals don't even sound great with just any solid body electric. You just have to keep trying till you find what will give you the sound(s) you want.

I really like that song = )
The problem is that I can not experiment for personal reasons (I changed the country I'm staying, and could not make enough friends yet...

Whatever, what I really want to know is if there is a specific property or an heuristic that I should look for, (to experiment I need to buy = /)

Back