Some old tunes..

Velvet Elvis

Ahh humma humma humma
Ok.. so I've been re-listening to some songs that I did 2 years ago.

Partially because I'm working on re-releasing it with a new distribution contract.

I'll post links to songs that I don't think I posted way back when just to see what y'all think.

The last two are mellow (and none of them are me singing lead).

It's my band and I did all the recording/mixing and guitar work, as well as co-writing.

I'll post more if anyone wants.

Velvet Elvis

"Falling" is an excellent song! I haven't listened to the others yet, but I certainly will. :)

Thanks... yeah we had a lot of discussion on Falling about the guitar solo... half the band wanted something mellow there, half the band wanted something ripping there... and what wound up on the track was pretty much an accidental take :)

I think my favorite "arrangement" of the three songs is "Glimmer".. but its also sort of unusual.

Velvet Elvis

Not bad at all for only 96k streams. I liked what I heard, but I feel the guitars on Everybody knows are a bit loud when they kick in, and kind of drown the vocals.
I'd like to hear more....

Rokket,

Thanks for the reply... yeah it was supposed to be "shocking" when they came in... I think the guitars a maybe a little harsh which lends to them to fighting the vocals for sonic space.

Here's another "rock" tune to give you an idea of some of the others:

Velvet Elvis

Great tunes

Yeah man..wow....I just sounded like Tommy Chong there.

Anyway. The stuff sounds really really good.
Falling is my favorite of the 3 songs
I like the "accidental" solo that resulted...(those are usually the best aren't they?)

Anyway I think they're all well written and performed songs.

Everybody knows sounds kinda out of place next to the other two songs but I guess you'd have to hear an "albums" worth of material to say what fits and what doesn't...

bottom line - GOOD STUFF!

Trade does fit in with Falling and Glimmer, as far as that goes. If you backed the guitars off just a couple dB on Everbody Knows, it could make all the difference. They'd still add a shock without sonically killing the vocals and the vibe...

Thanks guys... I appreciate the comments.

Everybody Knows was simply done for fun... the strange thing about the album is that there are several songs that "don't fit" the genre of the others.

Thanks for the comments about the wah solo... I think its pretty sloppy, but I was getting tired of the same old same old in my solos otherwise.

Velvet Elvis

Velvet Elvis said:
Thanks guys... I appreciate the comments.

Everybody Knows was simply done for fun... the strange thing about the album is that there are several songs that "don't fit" the genre of the others.

Thanks for the comments about the wah solo... I think its pretty sloppy, but I was getting tired of the same old same old in my solos otherwise.

Velvet Elvis
It fit.......

Back