"some of the VEGAS pro utilities"

dmcsilva

Damon:

What drstawl said is correct. If I am using volume or panning envelopes to control these parameters in the track, there is no need to change the default slider settings. If I don't make use of the envelopes during the track, I use the sliders for control.

dmc

I have this 'curriousity'
about how they works in VEGAS pro features/utilities....!

There's 2 of each for 'panning & volume' on the VEGAS pro.
*> 2 for 'panning': in the Track View : "envelope"
in the Track List :"Slider"
*> 2 for 'volume': in the Track View :"envelope"
in the Track List :"Slider"

Lets just take a look at panning....
I wondering.....if this both (envelope & slider) can be totally indepandent in its individual use, so it can give us MORE-POWERFUL in making a good/wide stereo field on each track or so ;...
but, if it just exactly the same for both & can not be use individualy.....why would "They" make it in 2 forms !???.
This is also the same with the Volume too.

I highly appreciate & really hope that someone [...which using VEGAS pro] can tell me about its "INDIVIDUAL USE or NOT" as I mentioned above,

Thank you very much.

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-26-1999).]

Your confusion comes from loading a stereo track into Vegas Pro. The volume and pan controls affect left and right channels of a stereo track the same. If you want individual
control of a track, it has to be a mono track. This also saves you 50% of your disc space when you use mono tracks where stereo ones aren't necessary. That envelope vs. slider deal is: Yes, they are independent and: The slider is a static control (doesn't change throughout the track) while with the envelope controls of pan and volume you "draw" the pattern on the track to provide automated volume and pan changes while the track is playing. And I'm still learning new things about this Software. Did you know that you could store multiple takes of a single track on one track instead of having them side by side taking up valuable screen real estate?

Thanks...I got the point now then......drstawl....
is that "To configure them all in one 'un-cuted' flowing track from a "multi-splitting" events on tracks from [i.e in]-a track or more ????
.....I'm on my question on that also...it seems it's not mentioned in the Manual book & have you tried to 'just copied it to another track...is it still devide into events that's been cut..!?

Damon

[This message has been edited by Damon (edited 11-30-1999).]

Hey...DRSTAWL....I got this solution about "Rejoining Split Events"....:
Either to Mix them into a new track or Group Them (highlighted Region-select-Group ->Create New !!
Let me know if you got more better way than mine!

DAMON

Back