Some mixing help on my tracks?

MusicBernd

Hi folks!

Don't know if this is usual to do that here, but I'm stuck for a few days on a mix that I'm trying to do. I'm kinda new to the whole topic, read a lot of articles, books and did a lot of experimenting myself, but this one drives me insane :).

OK, so what's the point: I've written a song and (as always) wanted to "rough mix" the instrumental tracks before even try to sing on it (otherwise I don't get the feel). The song consists of drums, acoustic guitar, woodind instruments, e-guitar, bass, piano and layered strings.

Whatever I do, I don't get the whole thing sound "good" together. As I said, I don't know if that's usual, but if anyone is interested in downloading the WAV-files (one file per track), try it out and give me a few hints what he / she has done with it, that would help me alot.

If you're interested, PN me and I'll give you the download location of the tracks.

I normally try to learn a lot by myself as I can but this time... *argggh* :). Anyone knows this "OK, that's a dead-end-street again" feeling when it comes to mixing?

Thanks,
Bernd

I can give a shot. Just upload your tracks to a server (Megaupload or YouSendIt) and send me the URL so I can download'em all. Let's see what happens.

Back