Some midi notes out of tune

willy4360

Using Cubase 2.2.39.

I have a project with lots of audio and midi channels. One of the midi channels is a solo distortion guitar using Hypersonic and the tube plug in insert. The first part of the solo (at the start of the song) is OK, but the second part the first notes start out of tune everytime I export the audio mixdown or freeze the instrument.

The notes are Ok if I monitor the project in Cubase, the problem happens only when I export to audio or freeze the instrument.

Anyone has a clue?

Willy.

Is there maybe some pitch bend events happening? Or some Sysex that is filtered out while playing, but processed when rendered?

-tim

willy4360 said:
Using Cubase 2.2.39.

I have a project with lots of audio and midi channels. One of the midi channels is a solo distortion guitar using Hypersonic and the tube plug in insert. The first part of the solo (at the start of the song) is OK, but the second part the first notes start out of tune everytime I export the audio mixdown or freeze the instrument.

The notes are Ok if I monitor the project in Cubase, the problem happens only when I export to audio or freeze the instrument.

Anyone has a clue?

Willy.

I managed to export-pool-track the midi parts, by selecting only the parts, not the whole song: 1-the first solo-exported that 2-the second solo-exported that and 3-the third solo-exported that. And they exported fine. Maybe there is something at the begining of the song, but I don't see any event there that can cause this problem...

Could be one of those machine quirks... I have a hilarious one when using Antares Autotune 4.0 - when I first open cubase & play an arrangement that has Autotune running as a plugin on a vocal track it completely loses the plot & starts detuning the vocals 1/4 tone sharp or flat intermittently - can make even the best singer sound truly dreadful! However all I need to do is close & re-open the project & this anomaly clears itself up. I still have no idea why it happens though LOL!

Back