Some Advice Please

abbo69nz

Hi there,
Im extremely New to the world of home recording and just had a few questions relating to my particular setup,
Basically I will be using my Digitech GNX3000 as the audio interface connected to my laptop, It has a input to record the vocals, guitar input obviously for the guitar and bass and also a l and r line input which I will use to record the drums (as I have a roland TD9 Ekit), Mic i have is a Shure sm58a beta, guitar is a esp eclipse, and just a cheap bass guitar,
Any comments on wether this setup will be ok would be welcome,

Ive done a few recordings (4 to be exact) And I think they sound ok, just a few questions,
For the drums, they are panned on the module itself, therfore when I track it into my daw, should I just pan the track pretty much in the center?
Any other tips and tricks relating to panning of the others would be awesome guys, I currently have cool edit pro, cubase 4 and pro tracks, which one would be best? Im thinking cubase 4, but for the 4 tracks I've done so far, Ive used cool edit, simply because its alot easier to use, Im having trouble setting up my gnx with cubase 4 properly, It records fine, but for some reason when I try and pan the mono guitar track I just recorded it wont pan it just stays in the center etc

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated!
awesome forum by the way

Back