[SOLVED] sync question concerning a lucid ada8824?

Nathan1984

I just bought a Lucid ada8824 to use for conversion over my Focusrite Saffire Pro40. So I have the ADAT all hooked up, this is where it gets confusing lol, the ADA8824 has dip switches on the rear of the box. I am not even close to sure how to set up the switches to get conversion through adat, and sync it with my pro40. I record at 44.1 and 24 bit for what it's worth. I was hoping someone may have some experience with the Lucid or maybe its all about what I do with the pro40. Any help would be awesome.

I think Page 7 of the manual has the info on the DIP switch settings.....oh, and I fixed the link to the PDF I posted earlier. There was some weird chartacter in the URL that made it not work.

Have you read this manual? Totally doesn't explain crap. Here I am, months later and still can't figure that crap out. I am about to sell the damn thing and just live with the focusrite converters.

Wooohooo, I got a little help from another guy on slutz and we figured it out together. So my problem was that I had the lucid in remote mode, and was trying to clock off the pro 40. I switched it to clock internally, and run it in local mode. I had some issues for a minute, but then I found out that I was opening up a project in Sonar and it was tracked in 44.1 and the pro40 was changing rates when I opened that project. Causing the Lucid to lose sync. So as long as I make sure that the sample rates are the same, no problems.

so what pattern did you end up setting the dip switches too?

I just picked one up and am wanting to run it off my profire 2626 with an external clock.
I am going optical adat out of my profire to adat in on my lucid
any idea on dip switch configuration for this ?

Back