Solserene Fabric Ceiling System

Don't know, but if you read the brochure, it sounds like it's pretty much cloth wrapped around a 1.5" rigid fiberglass mat. Looks like you only get any real absorption in the bass if you mount it directly to the ceiling joists.

This brings up an interesting question. If this stuff is any indication, it suggests that ceiling joists would make an excellent bass trap without losing any extra room space. Thoughts?

dgatwood said:
This brings up an interesting question. If this stuff is any indication, it suggests that ceiling joists would make an excellent bass trap without losing any extra room space. Thoughts?

dg,

This is true, figure that 4" (4pcf) rockwoll placed 4" off a wall gives good LF sound atternuation.

So if prior to installing this ceiling - you were to install that same material in each bay of your floor joist - flush to the bottom of the joist - leaving the air space above - and then install that material - you would develope a decent LF bass trap in the ceiling.

But you would also have virtually no isolation from the floor above.........

SO if ISolation is not an issue - this isn't a bad way to proceed.

HOWEVER - this would probably not provide you all of the bass trapping you need insideof your room - you would still have to develope some attenuation for the walls,,,,,,

Rod

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Hey Rod, nice to see you here :) Doggone, I was beginning to think all the pro's gave up on this place. :D

Rick,

Thanks for the warm welcome........... I haven't abandoned the place - I have just been so vwery busy that it's difficult for me to make it here on a regular basis.

Rod

Back