solo strings vst? (recommendations)

floppsybunny

i'm trying to get a vst chamber strings section together for an orchestral pop project i'm working on. i'm currently using the EWQL symphonic orchestra silver edition, the ensemble/section samples are really good, but i'm not satisfied with the range of solo voices for both violin and cello, and no solo voices for bass or viola.

can anyone make any recommendations of vst libraries that will give me a good set of samples for solo double bass, cello, viola, violin...?

any input appreciated. thanks.

* i should add, i don't need a really dynamic midi-controllable solo instrument - i don't have time to do all that. i would much prefer just a broad range of simple dynamic samples (legato, non-vibrato, soft-vibrato, etc.) that sound good out of the box for the purposes of arranging parts quickly....

synful orchestra f#$@ing sucks. it's a bad synth, what i really want is sample based for realism.
thanks for the recommendation though, free demo is always worth a shot.

i will try giving dean solo strings a listen.

thanks for the input!

synful orchestra f#$@ing sucks. it's a bad synth,

Then you definitely arent using it right.;) I assure you that it doesnt suck by any stretch of the imagination. I know string playing real well.;)

http://www.synful.com/User%20Demos.htm

Listen to "Le Syn Hot", "Reflections" and some of the others. Try and find a sample that can do the violin part in "Le Syn Hot". What its not is exactly easy to use, you gotta know your stuff. However, if you do, well just listen to the clips I mentioned and you will see.:D

Then you definitely arent using it right.;) I assure you that it doesnt suck by any stretch of the imagination. I know string playing real well.;)

http://www.synful.com/User%20Demos.htm

Listen to "Le Syn Hot", "Reflections" and some of the others. Try and find a sample that can do the violin part in "Le Syn Hot". What its not is exactly easy to use, you gotta know your stuff. However, if you do, well just listen to the clips I mentioned and you will see.:D

wow... I never knew synful orchestra could be used so well... holy shit. Maybe I should figure out how to use it? Any suggestions? David Coscina's Synful Chamber piece, of course...doesn't sound ANYTHING like Phillip Glass lol...

holy crap. listening to those samples, i will most definitely give synful another go. i wonder if there is a bank database somewhere...in any case, it sounds worth a substantial time investment for the results others have gotten with it.

thanks!

wow... I never knew synful orchestra could be used so well... holy shit. Maybe I should figure out how to use it? Any suggestions? .

Part of it is making sure the violin is never alone.:D It sounds lousy alone, its noisy. Over some drums and geetars, it works. It has to be eq'ed, and lots of reverb.

Back