Solo Djent Mix/Song Feedback

McShredsAlot

So I recently started uploading guitar playthroughs of original djent/metal songs on my youtube channel. Would like any advice or anything on how you guys feel about it!

This is a song called "Rebirth" which is kind of all over the place in terms on genres and goes from metalcore to djent, to jazz and elsewhere haha. Anways thanks a lot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kfhJ6Wx_Dk

Sounds brilliant. How the hell did you record it? In the park? What is Djent? What's a playthrough? God, you kids

Guitar playing seemed capable. It sounded to me like the rest of the arrangement took a back seat to that lead guitar. Massive improvement during the brief, softer part part a couple of minutes in. Honestly, I'm not hearing much of a song here, just soloing that did not contain strong hooks or make much of a melodic statement. Perhaps that's what you mean by a "playthrough?"

I intended for the lead guitar to be the main focus as the rest of the instruments doing rhythm behind it are fairly simple musically. Obviously a "normal" song would have structured parts like a "verse","chorus" etc even as an instrument but I find those rather boring which is why nothing repeats in this song. I appreciate the feedback though.

I only have one nit. Turn down those room mics in EZDrummer. Or whatever you are using. There is something about the cymbals that grates on my ears.

Great playing and really good mix otherwise man. Well done. :thumbs up:

I intended for the lead guitar to be the main focus as the rest of the instruments doing rhythm behind it are fairly simple musically. Obviously a "normal" song would have structured parts like a "verse","chorus" etc even as an instrument but I find those rather boring which is why nothing repeats in this song. I appreciate the feedback though.

I get you. You're probably aware that structural elements like verse, chorus, and hooks that repeat are what make the music interesting for most listeners. Some will find unfocused noodling without much sign of musical intent behind it to be the very definition of boring. Carry on.

While you might think that it's "unfocused noodling" a majority of people that have given feedback really enjoyed the song. I also noticed you commented on my other post in the video forums so I don't see why you feel the need to troll on my post because you don't like the music.

I get you. You're probably aware that structural elements like verse, chorus, and hooks that repeat are what make the music interesting for most listeners. Some will find unfocused noodling without much sign of musical intent behind it to be the very definition of boring. Carry on.

I will agree with that as well. Most listeners 'including other musicians' typically find themselves loosing interest without some type of structure, or the so called 'hook' that leads them to feel engaged to listen to the rest of the song.

This seems to be an issue that I have found with some guitar 'shred' type players myself. Without direction in a song it can come across as just random notes. At least that is where I lose any interest...

Great playing tho man. :)

Well thanks for being respectful about it! :) I understand that it will only really target a small group of people that are specifically into this type of music but I totally understand what you mean!

While you might think that it's "unfocused noodling" a majority of people that have given feedback really enjoyed the song. I also noticed you commented on my other post in the video forums so I don't see why you feel the need to troll on my post because you don't like the music.

I don't see any trolling here man. Try not to be defensive. You posted here for input right? Take that input as you wish...

Not everyone is going to praise you. That is life bro.

But don't argue if someone has something that doesn't say 'that was completely awesome'!

Everyone here wishes to share advice from their own experience and opinion. Take it for what it is man.

And by the way, you rock. :)

Back