Soldier boy

Trumpspade

I'M BLESSED.......
I have been so far away from commercial radio lately, because I have been on a panel of songwriters for original music for the past couple of months. It's sorta like a gratuity I am doing for a local label trying to jump off.........

Anyway, turning on our local radio station I heard the worst song ever and Lo and Behold it was Soldier Boy, What garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::

i actually like turn my swagg on :o

da beat is hot..and his hook is tight..thats about it....

Wow!

I didn't think anyone would ever say that! I have heard people on here do way better stuff, even joking around.........That "Get my Swag On" has to be the worst song I ever heard. I think it out stunk LAffy Taffy!!!!!!!!!

haha

HOP UP OUT THA BEEEEEED TURN MY SWAG ON
LOOK TO MY MIRROR AND SAY WASSUP
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I'm all for catchy music, but Soulja Boy needs to fade away sometime soon.

amen, "whatch me do my bird walk"? I can't even pronounce that right. Sounds like like "wamme do muh birba"

Im speechless on souljaboy. When Ice-T calls your ass out, you know its time to hang it up.

However, I thought it was really more of a dance thing? Don't he always have a cheesy dance to go along with his shit, or did once maybe. (maybe for the youngsters)

hes gettin decent collabs now too. speaks volumes about the state of the industry.

Look Soldier Boy is garbage too me, but I'm not hating on him. He found out none of the hip-hop cats where doing any music so he slid right in the cracks. I already know what you older kats are thinking but don't blame the executives either, because it was the hip-hop pioneers that you and I love were falling off themselves. So the bullshit music was welcomed inn. Now have you notice like jay, method man and redman, nas even the older kats like KRS-one are doing albums now to flood the streets with the real hip-hop shit. As long as we keep supporting the real street hip-hop shit, all other bullshit well die off. Since kids had no real shit to grow up with, they adapted to this soldier boy shit, and hurricane chris and garbage like that. Not saying south music is garbage either, cuz I love Outkast, T.I,Scarface,Stat Quo, the new Rick Ross(even though his punk ass was a C.O.) UGK,Eightball & MJG, Chamilionaire, wayne(sometimes..lol) all the south lyricist. When you hear your artist that was rocking in the 90's early 2000's go buy his album bra, and support that shit, it'll come around again. I wish big and pac was alive!

Another thing, I support my crooked I, Ras Kass, Bishop Lamont, Game, but truthfully Dr. Dre is the only god damn person who could bring back the westcoast and he's been bullshitting. If and when he does, that will motivate the east coast to step up there game (even though there doing there shit), and who knows maybe vice versa, Eastcoast needs to get it cracking for the westcoast, cuz the south has it on lock for a minute now. But all that aside lets support real music, music that has meaning and true feelings. Hey at club though you can catch my swagg!! lol:D Duece~LV

I can't agree or disagree with that statement on Soldier Boy or any other young artist that found away to get noticed and signed. I do know in music everything has its era.. and right now the catchy hooks and silly dumb dances has its time. Like it or now gone are the glory days of hip hop.. welcome to the world of the internet and youtube...

I'm on a deployment right now and we over here in Greece and I can tell you they are feeling the catchy hooks and silly dumb dance songs...same way when we were in Palma Spain..

The world is changing and so is music.. I love hip-hop, but I also love making money.. and if I have to sell a track to someone that is going to do a "Shake that Spider Monkey and Drop it to Da FLo".. as along as the money is coming in and the can the record execs. to back them on making it a big hit.. do your thang little homie..

but anyway.. it alls sounds good..LOL.. but on the real I support whoever on their grind.. I won't buy the album unless its some of the people Louie V said.. because thats who I know and trust the music will be good... hell here's my list.. that say in rotation..

Gully Jewelz (we done collaborated enough we got a EP..LOL that's my boy..good work)
V-State (If you haven't peep "My Cadillac" you need to peep it)
Chamillionaire
Lil Flip
Ludacris
Scarface
Outkast
Redman & Method Man
Youngbloodz
Jodie Breeze (He independent now...Young Gunna Records..)
Big and Pac
Brand Nubian
Lost Boys
UGK
Eightball & MJG
The Last Mr. Bigg (Alabama Stand Up...)
BDP (When KRS was at his best)
Ice Cube
The Clipse
Slim Thug

and there you have it...

My thing is not so much the gimmickness in his rhyme and delivery, and his corny ass concepts, but the fact that his whole tone is off key. Nelly, Bone Thugz, and others have tried that rap singing style and did it successfully In Key........... But as mentioned, it's not about what we think as aspiring artists, Soldier Boy is paid and I can only tip my hat to his manager. I guess to talk about him, like we're doing, says alot for him being marketed;)

Look Soldier Boy is garbage too me, but I'm not hating on him. He found out none of the hip-hop cats where doing any music so he slid right in the cracks. I already know what you older kats are thinking but don't blame the executives either, because it was the hip-hop pioneers that you and I love were falling off themselves. So the bullshit music was welcomed inn. Now have you notice like jay, method man and redman, nas even the older kats like KRS-one are doing albums now to flood the streets with the real hip-hop shit. As long as we keep supporting the real street hip-hop shit, all other bullshit well die off. Since kids had no real shit to grow up with, they adapted to this soldier boy shit, and hurricane chris and garbage like that. Not saying south music is garbage either, cuz I love Outkast, T.I,Scarface,Stat Quo, the new Rick Ross(even though his punk ass was a C.O.) UGK,Eightball & MJG, Chamilionaire, wayne(sometimes..lol) all the south lyricist. When you hear your artist that was rocking in the 90's early 2000's go buy his album bra, and support that shit, it'll come around again. I wish big and pac was alive!

Another thing, I support my crooked I, Ras Kass, Bishop Lamont, Game, but truthfully Dr. Dre is the only god damn person who could bring back the westcoast and he's been bullshitting. If and when he does, that will motivate the east coast to step up there game (even though there doing there shit), and who knows maybe vice versa, Eastcoast needs to get it cracking for the westcoast, cuz the south has it on lock for a minute now. But all that aside lets support real music, music that has meaning and true feelings. Hey at club though you can catch my swagg!! lol:D Duece~LV

Man I agree with this...I also have to note a LOT of us like the same shit. Always was a true fan of old school West Coast hip hop, some east, good raw midwest, and of course some dirty south...not this shit they wanna call South now...but take it back about 6 or 7 years and then some.

I'm a Southern boy born and raised, but I've worked with cats from across the country and have mad love for them all and their styles they bring to the table (hell yeah I pick up some new styles in the process to add to my arsenal).

Past few years, I've been looking at some of the lesser knowns still doin their thing and all....their way!

Me personally, I want the Tech N9ne approach. I got a fanbase that likes what I do and how I put it down...so I'm not being a puppet for anyone...cause I'm on that independent tip. Trust me, I think a lot of cats who are somewhat known or straight underground are gonna start poppin up soon and bringin somethin new to the game. Damn shame for this generation who grew up in the falling out of real rap. I mean damn...I got youngins who don't even know classic songs like "I Got 5 On It" or "Ambitionz Az A Ridah" and I just gotta look at em like WTF I need to educate your ass.

Artists I keep in somewhat rotation in my mix:

*2Pac (not much of a Biggie fan, but his music was still much more than shit out today)
*T.I.
*OLD Wayne (not the T-Pain influenced one....fuck bring back Hot Boys for that matter)
*Dr. Dre/Snoop
*Game (LAX was good, but the next should be 10x better than anything he's ever put out)
*Xzibit (very hit or miss though)
*Snoop (old and most of the new)
*Chamillionaire
*Eminem (even with that Relapse album that's starting to grow on me after giving it a chance)
*D12 (not to mention Proof's final album before his death)
*Paul Wall
*Bone Thugs n Harmony (new album "Uni5" being worked on now with Flesh n Bone out of jail....should be a good one)
*Tech N9ne....hell Strange Music as a label right now
*Knonam - dude flips better 80's samples than Sean Combs ever did...just found his shit the other night and I'm diggin it right now.
*Hustle Magic - yeah I still play that for people and they feel it
*Apathy (seriously...it ain't just a black game no more...white dudes are comin up and bein nice with flow)
*Young Buck (despite the shit with 50, he could still come back with a new album and it'd be dope)
*David Banner
...could go on for days

Back