Software

gerrards

I record music on my PC via Nero, with me playing the guitar and singing. What I would like to do is be able to build on the track once I have recorded it. i.e. add additional instruments (simulated via software).

Can anyone recommend some software that will allow me to do this? It *must* be able to have my own guitar/voice track in among the finished product rather than me having to do my guitar and voice tracks on top of the additional stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Gerrard

This is what I use. It's called Tracktion and for an unspecified period it is available for FREE from the good folks that bring you keyboard, EQ, Bass player, etc.

It's pro-level software that takes a little getting used to because it uses some simplifications of common sequencing tasks that are pretty unique.

It took me a few days and a few sessions before I caught on, so give it a chance to sink in...

elevate. ok. be glad to do a friendly feature shoot out with what you use .
and do a feature comparison. wanna take me on ?????

If only featureset alone dictated the worthiness of a particular piece of software, you may have a point.

all the rest is the convertors, mics and pre's.
frankly i'm looking seriously right now at amd 64 laptop.
but even for a tekkie like me the market is moving so fast..i just decide on a amd 64 laptop and another comes along. so i'm treading carefully.

Back