Software for drawing room

LeadPaint

I am looking for software to easily draw a plan of a room. I have a pretty complex room, with an odd shape and lots of columns. I would like to enter dimensions of walls instead of drawing lines by hand and guessing how long to make them. I hope my question is clear :) Freeware software is preferred.

I am looking for software to easily draw a plan of a room. I have a pretty complex room, with an odd shape and lots of columns. I would like to enter dimensions of walls instead of drawing lines by hand and guessing how long to make them. I hope my question is clear :) Freeware software is preferred.

There are a couple of free programs out there. Depends how complex. There is an open CAD program, LibreCAD, works on all three major OSes (yes, there are three). Check that one out. FreeCAD, on sourceforge (this site you can trust, has been around, I know, for over 15 years). There is another that was created by the US government for give away, but can't seem to recall the name of that one.

I am sure there are others, but this could work for you.

Inkscape is free and cross-platform, basically a copy of Adobe Illustrator.

Will more than do the job and isn't difficult to use. (and yes you can input values into each element's size boxes)

I used it to do a floorplan when I sold my house last year and dumbfounded my real estate agent.

Back