Software compatibility

buzzard bass

Terminated
Hi, I'm getting set up, have an Edirol that was bundled with Sonar LE, ordered a Tascam that's bundled with Cubase. Now here's the fun part, I was going to load the software onto a coupla year old Gateway, but it's got Windows XP Media Center that, evidently, is incompatible with everything. Sp that means a new computer. It will be devoted to recording, I use the Mac for internet use.

Here's the question, there is one honest. I want to collaborate with someone using Sonar, the Tascam is compatible, but if I use Cubase instead can we still do this? Are files from Sonar compatible with files from Cubase. The Cubase is newer software, it aint even here yet. I've had the Edirol for a few years, just never installed it, long story, lots of gory details. The Sonar requires XP, the Cubase will go with Windows 7, much more common in a new machine these days. Any info greatly appreciated guys, all the best, Ange.

The project files wont be compatible. You can always send .wav files back and forth but that could cause issues with timing.

Windows 7 might just run the older Sonar. I find it does a much better job running XP stuff than Vista did.

i had xp media centre on my pc at first and it ran fine with everything i had, sonar, ableton, edirol pcr, line 6, m audio...in fact nothing i tried on it meant for XP didnt work

Many thanks for the info guys. I'll try the sonar on the XP Media computer along with the Tascam, hopefully they'll all get along.

Back