Social Media Patrol - Known as, Beppe

knownasbeppe

Social Media Patrol - Known as, Beppe REMIXED

Good evening to you all!

This track is the result of me binging on social media and reading alot of articels about worldy problems without any real proof. This is also the result of me playing around with my keyboard and getting the stab-sound in the beginning of the track!

https://soundcloud.com/knownasbeppe/social-media-patrol

The lyrics get a little clogged up in the end part and I couldn't really put it down on paper hence the chaos :D

Lyrics:

Laundry day is all we get
Social media patrol
But I am me as I want me to be
Atleast that's what I tell you to think

Long days with no remorse
No work to do no one to see
But I am glad to be free
Atleast that's what I'm telling myself

But I am glad to be free
Now repeat after me
I am glad to be free (I. am. glad. to. be. free.)
That's what you tell me to think (I am please with myself so please with myself)
I am glad to be free (I don't need no thought control. I don't need no one but me. I don't need no one to tell me what to think)
Atleast that's what I think

With love

Last edited:
I really love the textures in this. Pretty amazing how you have so much going on but it stays in control.

I might bring up the drums quite a bit, they're pretty recessed and I'd like to hear them more. I wonder if it might serve the vocals a little better to get them deeper in the mix somehow, maybe a little verb or something would do the trick. Bass might be a tad too much for me but I'm just getting picky at this point.

Cool song, really enjoy your stuff.

Really harsh sounding, super compressed, and clipping. It is bringing out those stabbing frequencies in a not-nice way. No dynamics. It sounds like it could be a cool song, but right now there's nothing inviting about the sound of it. I would strip it back to the raw tracks and rebuild the mix keeping an eye on levels and cutting out whatever is in the upper midrange that sounds like biting on tinfoil.

Last edited:
Feels like this has a little more dynamics. There's still something grating going on in the mid-range that makes the song unpleasant to hear. Like you have too many sounds competing for attention in those frequencies where our ears are most sensitive. Or perhaps you're using too many or the wrong plugins that are boosting in those frequencies. Dunno. It's a shame because the song and the arrangement are really interesting. The overall sound should pull the listener in, not push away.

Last edited:
Back