Soanr & SB Audigy problem?

MrSong

Hey Gurus:

Just bought SB Audigy and installed it. I, of course, uninstalled my previous version of SB Live! Drive and adjoining software before installing Audigy. However, now when I open Sonar and try to choose a Sound Font, the option for editing Sound Fonts is grey'ed/ghosted out. I tried uninstalling and re-installing Sonar but that didin't help. I've looked through the user forums within Creative and all I saw mention was something about "sound cards that didn't support Sound Fonts would have to use Sound Font Manager of some kind". But I installed Viena 2.3 when I installed audigy- isn't that a SF Manager? And I would imagine that Audigy (especially since it has Vienna bundled within its software) would support SF. Maybe I'm going in the wrong direction. Any other suggestion as to how I could use my precious SF once again?

Thanks in advance!

Chad

In Options>midi devices, what have you got in the input and output boxes listed as your devices and what have you got highlighted in blue?

You have to tell Sonar what you are going to use for Soundfont playing.

On the right, under Inputs you should highlight TTS Piano and something like Audigy 000 (I have a soundblaster, not Audigy).

Under outputs, you should have Audigy synth or something like that. Move them to the top. That should fix the problem, let us know if soundfonts are still ghosted out.

Thanks

Thanks Paul- I think I finally figured that out but it did take a me a while. Thank you even more for not making fun of the way I mispelled Sonar. :)

Back