so what's up with t.bone mics?

I looked up international shipping rates when deciding between their ribbon mic and the (supposedly identical) Nady. I would have ended up only saving about $30 U.S. by the time you factored in the import duty, the FCC inspection fee (maybe... the regulations are a bit confusing), and the... $60 shipping that UPS was going to charge to ship one little microphone. It was about $20 better if you shipped it uninsured surface mail, so maybe I'd have saved $50.

The conclusion I came to was that if the mic was DOA, it would end up costing way, way more. The first Nady mic was DOA, so in hindsight, I think I made the right call. Even if it had worked, the risk of not being able to get it re-ribboned for less than the price of replacement... well, you get the idea.

That said, for smaller, lighter, slightly less fragile mics, maybe they could ship them in a padded envelope.... Seriously, shipping costs from Europe are so obscene it isn't even funny. :D

On a related note, does anybody know if there's a local dealer for these anywhere in Italy? I'm going to be over there this summer, and if so, I might just take advantage of the situation.

I've never seen any T.bone's in stores, i always figured they were only for sale from thomann. Shipping costs from Thomann to Ireland (Were i live). Is 25 Euro. For say a soundcard or what ever. My friend ordered a drumkit and symbols, and his shipping costs was 25 euro!.

- Idgeit

Back