So what's up w/ Van Halen?

Aaron Cheney

Favorite Chord: C 6/9
They launch a meciocre tour in which EVH is drunk the entire time (by most accounts) and then disappear back into the ether. No news on their site since the day the tour ended. Nothing new at VHND.com either.

Apparently Ed just needed money for booze. Now that he's got it he can care less about the fans again.

There was a time I absolutely idolized Eddie. I don't think there is another rock icon I once loved so much that now I feel so betrayed by.

A

There have been soooo many drug & booze casualties and it seems Eddie is yet another. I too was a fan of Van Halen (Eddie has to be one of a handful of guitarists who significantly influenced the way guitars are played).

Hopefully, younger people can learn from these traggic examples and perhaps choose to avoid the negative spiral that drugs & booze can cause!

Yeah, you probably already have seen me post it before but I saw them twice on this tour. Once at the beggining and they were awesome and once at the end and they were awfull. Eddie was piss drunk and could hardly stand up, never mind play. It was an incredible dissapointment.

I've been an Eddie fan all my life, but I need to take a break from him for a while. He's just pissing me off too much right now..

I think I would have to be loaded too to play the same shit as 20 years ago with nothing new inbetween. that last single doesn't count. Seriously, that song blew and I would bet that not one person went to a concert to see VH play that specific song.

Its called going through the motions as many of us in the working world know. ANd sometimes drinking is what gets us through. :eek: :o

Eddie has a serious drinking problem. It's sad. I'll bet it's gotten so bad that if Valerie threatened to leave him he wouldn't change.

Hard2Hear said:
Probably why she already left a few months ago.

H2H
Shows you how much I keep up with other people's lives! I've got enough problems of my own to bother with that kind of crap. :D

Back