so maybe i've got this working

A touching song with intelligent lyrics. I like the instrumentation, the panning of the gtr and piano, and the mix balance. The harmony at :58 and 2:00 has a surprising turn and makes the lyric over it have a strong impact. Really grabbed me there. I think the piano's rise in the last phrase is very effective arranging. Reminds me of someone well known but I'm not going to say because it's definitely not derivative of them, just similar in feel.

The vocal has a good sound and is in tune most of the time but the loud breaths between phrases are distracting. Not that I think they should be inaudible, just lower level. The lyrics are really well written and thought provoking, but the first line seems to set up a different mood or expectation than what the song turns out to be - a little shallow in comparison. I realize you may have wanted that change but it's harder for me as a listener to "emotionally track" the mood of a song that way.

The piano's sound in the beginning is unusual, and at first I almost thought it was something else - harplike almost.

Thanks.

Tim

Nice song. Other than some volume issues, not much to add. You did a good job on the performance, and the recording seems well done, just a few mixing issues....the volume. Very good start. Nicely done.
Ed

Dogman, I agree about a volume inconsistency in the vocal. A mic technique thing likely, but could be helped I bet with some smart compression.

Tim

Vocals are over compressed and dont sit well. Try bringing the vox level down a little. Not enough bass guitar.
Overall sounds good. Stereo vocals are a cool thing to use in some songs.

a little sibellent, make that a bunch sibellent

i love the low harm, maby bring it up a little

yea, the bass too, a little.

i agree, too much compression over all, i feal like i'm getting beat up, let it sit back some. the entire song i mean.

i can hear you hit the space-bar in the end, try to find it and cut it out, check the R harm track.

good song
good voice
:D

giraffe said:
a little sibellent, make that a bunch sibellent

i love the low harm, maby bring it up a little

yea, the bass too, a little.

i agree, too much compression over all, i feal like i'm getting beat up, let it sit back some. the entire song i mean.

i can hear you hit the space-bar in the end, try to find it and cut it out, check the R harm track.

good song
good voice
:D

thanks a bunch, however i don't use a computer. i'm running a yamaha aw 4416, i think i was sitting up in my stool

&sure, i'll post more songs in a bit.

i do agree with you guys.
i had a sinus infection, so some harmonies and vocals are a little off.
the dual vocals are abit loud, yes.
&yeah, i smash the hell out of vocals sometimes hahaha

thanks guys :)

uhh its charlie said:
i do agree with you guys.
i had a sinus infection, so some harmonies and vocals are a little off.
the dual vocals are abit loud, yes.
&yeah, i smash the hell out of vocals sometimes hahaha

thanks guys :)

wow! i didnt thought sinus will make you sound good. Matchbox 20 isnt it?

Back