So like

Oh it's absolutely not the best we can do.

But when 28.5% of eligible voters participate in the primaries, and then the other 70% says "hey, why do these candidates suck so bad?" it seems the lazy 70% has some culpability there.

I fully admit that I don't understand what people are thinking. Our next President made a political name for himself by claiming our first black President was born in Kenya.

Those of you who live in other countries, tell me, would that fly where you live? Are you sure? If you asked me 6 years ago if that would work here, I would have told you with certainty that it would not. I would have felt sure.

He made his non political name long before the Kenya accusations with these two words...."You're fired" everything after that is fluff. I believe more than anything it was that Television celebrity persona that the masses voted for...They all know him personally, they've sat and watched him in the board room as he made those very well scripted, very intelligent, tough, hard hitting decisions. He's a master at negotiation..and bullshit........And all the liberal media and all the King of Kenya's men couldn't get the masses to listen to them. He's got a Syndicated Teflon coated persona that put him in the white house...I hope he has a good group of screenwriters for the role he's just been voted in for.

Last edited:
I see some people stand out for hours to vote...bugger that. Not that I vote, but hours?

But when 28.5% of eligible voters participate in the primaries, and then the other 70% says "hey, why do these candidates suck so bad?" it seems the lazy 70% has some culpability there.

The second paragraph outlines why your first sentence is wrong.

if you choose ot to choose, you still have made a choice.

I voted exactly once in my life, and it wasn't yesterday.

"Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil."

The second paragraph outlines why your first sentence is wrong.

if you choose ot to choose, you still have made a choice.

I'm not sure it was a deliberate choice. I think most people probably didn't even know or care when their primaries were happening.

But when 28.5% of eligible voters participate in the primaries

I'd participate in the primaries if I didn't have to align with a party. That's the weak link in the system and that's why there is always such a low turnout for primary votes. Nobody wants to pick their president that early in the campaign process and that's basically what you're forced to do if you vote in the primaries.

Well it's over. Time to move on.
Gonna pull out the Who and listen to "won't get fooled again" real loud.

We have a new CEO.

Hey! Maybe Beyonce and Jay Z will lose their record deals! :D

You are absolutely right.

For the Dems to pick Hilary...with all her "baggage"...wasn't the best they could do, so c'mon now, Trump beat her clean...
....and how did Hilary make a name for herself? She didn't contribute much as Senator, and failed as SoS, and then bailed as SoS.
She really didn't bring much of anything positive to the table.

IMO...had she won, it would have been just as easily argued a negative result, by just as many.

I think one problem is that the Democratic left believes their own hype, that somehow they are smarter, and they deserve to run the country more than Trump supporters....which is why this country grew divided over the last 8 years.

I'm saddened for the environment, women's rights, our immigrant population, the middle class (who will only see their taxes go up, incomes continue to go down), those who will once again be without health insurance, etc etc etc

Notice NONE of this includes me or my wants/needs. That's been the difference this whole campaign - the battle of the self-interested versus those of us with bigger goals than next week.

No good will come of this.

All I know is a lot of people have died as a result of Hillary. A lot of money has been spent. Our money. Money that we worked hard for.

Maybe, just maybe, some of that money will be spent on fixing up our own house.

I have no political alliance, but I love this country.
Time to take care of us. If we can actually make America great again, I'm all for that.

I don't know if our new President can and/or will be able to do that, but...... I know that Hillary would just give us more of what we have been getting.

And that's my final statement.
:D

That is pretty much the truth of it. I am an election officer in Kentucky, and during the primary we had a 27% turn out, yesterday we had a 70% turn out (give or take a few percentage points across the state). It was as always a very long day. Up at 4 a.m. and not back home until around 7 p.m. Now today I am in mourning.

I think one problem is that the Democratic left believes their own hype, that somehow they are smarter, and they deserve to run the country more than Trump supporters....which is why this country grew divided over the last 8 years.

It's not really hype. Just looks at the results last night.

The nation is divided because of conservatism. Some people refuse to let go of the past and archaic ideas/opinions that have no place in a modern "civil" society. We're (supposedly) no longer cavemen and cave women. But we often don't act like it. Yesterday is a reflection of that, and a setback for many tomorrows.

Time to take care of us. If we can actually make America great again, I'm all for that.

No one clearly defined WHAT THAT MEANT. Again, as in 1950? 1850? 1777? If you're a woman or person of color, what hope in the next 4 years does that bring you?

What exactly makes the country "great"? Hot dogs? Gas guzzling cars?

Most political analysts likened this to the dog-whistling of whites similar to Nazi Germany per-holocaust or Mussolini's Italy. Nationalism is rarely controllable once set into motion.

The KKK and other white supremacy organizations were some of the few groups that endorsed Trump. I wonder if that had anything to do with all his hate speak? Hmmm, probably just a coincidence!

Buckle up buckaroos.

Goodness the angst is strong from the liberal camp today. What happened yesterday was a reaction, a resounding "Fuck you!" to the most current ruling elite. The rank and file middle class of America has had enough of business as usual politicians. The fact that the elites and their media cohorts never saw it coming makes me laugh.

We are living the ancient Chinese curse. I find it "interesting" indeed.

It's not really hype. Just looks at the results last night.

The nation is divided because of conservatism. Some people refuse to let go of the past and archaic ideas/opinions that have no place in a modern "civil" society. We're (supposedly) no longer cavemen and cave women. But we often don't act like it. Yesterday is a reflection of that, and a setback for many tomorrows.

That's only so if you want to look at it that way. I don't see this "cavemen and cave women" thing at all.
Half the country feels that the extreme left doesn't really equal a "modern civil" society...rather it is viewed more as society that wants to live on the edge of reality and endlessly push the boundaries of what is acceptable in a "modern society".
IMO...8 years of Obama has blown up the race issue more than ever...and it's also created this extreme divide.
The left has done everything it could to distance themselves from the other half the country....there was never any effort on their part to find a middle ground.
It's this constant attitude that extreme left thinking and living is what should be the norm for all.

Sorry...but there are many who believe that view has not been very positive for the USA, and I think Trump will surprise all his critics and be more of a "uniter" than Obama ever was, or that Clinton ever could be.

Also...you have to let go of campaign rhetoric at this point. Clinton was slinging mud as much as Trump...it was a dirty fight....OK...but now there is one winner, and the campaign is over, and in January it's a new start.
If the left is going to go all "melodrama"...declaring the "end of the world" and all that nonsense...much worse than the right ever did when Obama won...what's that going to solve?
Trump is the new president. Give him the same chance to start fresh that everyone asked for Obama when he won...and would have asked for Clinton had she won.

I thought the "basket of deplorables" comment was a particular pivot point, not that it appears now it would have made a difference anyway. She meant backers, not voters/supporters, but that's not how it was taken. People don't like to be mocked.

I completely get the anger - I don't happen to agree that Trump is the person to resolve/cure the issues causing the anger. From afar he appears capable of only bluff and bluster, and that's his entire game. This was all about winning something, not actually about what he'd do afterwards.

Good luck with your choice.

...declaring the "end of the world" and all that nonsense...much worse than the right ever did when Obama won...what's that going to solve?

Huh? How quickly you've forgot. That's been the entire Republican campaign against Obama for 8 years. lol

No one's saying don't give Trump a fair shot, we really don't have a choice in the matter at this point anyway.

But let's not put lipstick on this... person. He has not proven he has the character, intelligence, or will to fill the role.

From afar he appears capable of only bluff and bluster, and that's his entire game. This was all about winning something, not actually about what he'd do afterwards.

Exactly mine and many other's impression for the past year+. Nearly ZERO specifics for anything he planned to do. It's a classic promise the world, deliver a pizza. He's sold us an old clunker whose wheels will start falling off as we're driving away from the dealership.

Back