So.. is my Shure SM57 DOA?

That review pretty much sums up what trouble i've been having. Can't seem to get any decent input, and tons of static and hiss. I got it at Best Buy but I don't think I can return it at this point. The package is torn to pieces. Guess I can try though. Looks like I'll be picking up the more expensive Shure version of the adapter. 50 dollar mistake. Darn.

Spend the extra $50 and get the M-Audio Fast Track. They have pretty solid drivers for their stuff and if you want to get more into recording it will serve you much better than those crappy USB adapters.

That review pretty much sums up what trouble i've been having. Can't seem to get any decent input, and tons of static and hiss. I got it at Best Buy but I don't think I can return it at this point. The package is torn to pieces. Guess I can try though. Looks like I'll be picking up the more expensive Shure version of the adapter. 50 dollar mistake. Darn.

No! If it is a defective item they must take it back .... you have the receipt correct?

Well I picked up an M-Audio Fast Track, the cheapest, smallest one. Every thing works just dandy now. Thanks for all the help and advice everyone. And to whoever may read this: stay away from Hosa Technology products :/

Well I picked up an M-Audio Fast Track, the cheapest, smallest one. Every thing works just dandy now. Thanks for all the help and advice everyone. And to whoever may read this: stay away from Hosa Technology products :/

<CUE the SHOCKING NEWS MUSIC> ...... DA - DA - DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!! :eek:

Back